Luke's Landspeeder. And his true introduction.

Fab scratch work there Sol! Loving that droid. Nice work on Luke and good find with the vaporator! 8)

Thank you very much for the compliments, guys!
I knew that Luke's skirt will be noticed, Youli, buddy :)
It really does look more like a traditional Russian wear then what we've seen in the movie ;D

full1319369172.jpg

-eK6JZcqh8Y.jpg

I had to make it longer to hide the mess Luke's knees turned into while I've been converting him from a seated pose into a standing one. Will try to hide that with the uber-detailing of the rest of his surroundings ;) ;D

Welcome back Sol,

This is great buddy, was only introduced to this missing footage about a year ago, can't wait for this to all come together knowing your dio building skills. 8)

Treadwell looks great. ;D

Gag

This is so nice. I'm planning to give a Revell Snowspeeder the same threatment.
Love your detail work on that kit really adds to the realism. Also the rest of your items look the part.
Are those Airgun pellets you used as wheels for the maintenance droid?

Thank you, guys! Great to be back, really:)

FAUST said:
This is so nice. I'm planning to give a Revell Snowspeeder the same threatment.
Love your detail work on that kit really adds to the realism. Also the rest of your items look the part.
Are those Airgun pellets you used as wheels for the maintenance droid?

Good eye, Faust - thats them exactly ;)

Thank You, blakeh :)

Well, the wait for the new update is finally over. Work has stucked for a bit due to my waiting for some diorama elements I've grabed on ebay - holliday season really does prolong shipping time as I must admit))

First of all a pair of small elements to lie on the vaporator: Luke's pad for connecting with vaporator's and treadwell droid's binary controllers (was not shown in the original shots) and a some vaporator's part Luke has been cleaning from the sand in the scene just prior noticing the starships battling in the sky above the planet. A piece of a tea-pack is to be added over this piece to simulate that, what Luke has been cleaning this part with.

Then, there is a mechanism, which I'm considering a fueling/charging device for the speeder (depending on what it runs on). It is going to be connected with a steel tube, that runs to the speeder and on wich the vehicle is holding. I plan to make it look as light as possible, to simulate the speeder's floating in the air. It is yet looking ugly, I know, but it is an early stage, folks :)

Unfortunately, I found out that the back of the speeder is too heavy for the vehicle to be held by only the fueling tube. The solution was to add some other element for the dio, seemingly small to, but capable of holding the back of the speeder. I've decided it to be Luke's rifle he takes with him on the moisture farm in case of facing tuskens. Modified to hide a magnet, this rifle made by Hasbro for their action figures happened to fit ideally.

So, here is the landspeeder, floating over my workbench ;)

And it is capable of sustaining a pretty big weight, so holding the cabin and the windshield is of a no prob:

And to make cobraleader even more happy after adding the hat for the Luke's figure, there IS going to be his famous but never seen in the theatratical version of the movie poncho ;) ;)

Fantastic work, love the detail you're putting into this, its gonna be an amazing little scene

Great stuff!

Thank you very much, guys, you're so kind!

The next update requires some back story.
Two days ago I''ve been sitting and starting the work on the Luke's figure painting, while Scott had been building his rod for the marathon on my screen. He has put on some cool music, and I think we both have been having a great time at our benches - simultaneously, but thousands of kms away from each over. Man, I can't help admiring what Internet has done to our lives even though I've been born after its actual invention.
Anyway, my wife came into the room with a desire to maybe relax with a book with an awesome music background and her husband nearby. She saw Scott on the screen, and asked what he's been doing. After I had explained her she asked next about what I've been doing..
It all ended with us together sitting at the bench and painting - I gave my wife Luke (with some hesitation at first I must admit), and turned myself to building my Secret Santa's gift.
For all of you, guys, to understand the magnificence of what has happened: this is the first time my wife showed her interest in not only the result of my modeling, but in the process itself.
Here is the result of our work (my wife has done the whole figure's wear along with the belt, hat and the scopes on it. With my advices and guidance of coarse, but still I think she was pretty good for a first-timer. Much better then I was in my first attempts at painting figs. Well, female are much better in small coordinations, what else I've got to say ;))

All in all my wife said she did enjoy painting this figure, and that she might help me on some other aspects of modeling in future.
Next step - painting the treadwell droid, I guess.

Luke looks Great!
That is awesome that your Wife wanted to participate! And she did a great job!!!!
As always, I love what you do!!!
Keep it up!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank You, Mike!
It feels to me it is not to long till the finish line for this dio. Might be the Force talking to me ;)

Latest posts

Back