Looking for an airbrush/ compressor combo?

I just thought I would share this with anybody wanting to start doing airbrushing. Amazon.com has got a dual action gravity fed airbrush with a compressor for less than 100usd. I got this for my birthday and it works really well. The compressor is quiet and the brush itself is very easy to use. There is also a parts list for each incase you need to fix something.

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Purpose-Gravity-Dual-Action-Airbrush-Compressor/dp/B001TO578Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1294555947&sr=8-4

Just thought someone else was in a money situation like me and would like to know. About the only thing I don't like is I don't really know how much psi is coming out.

amateurmodeler said:
About the only thing I don't like is I don't really know how much psi is coming out.

You should be able to set your output pressure fairly easily with pressure regulator and pressure gauge (if your set-up is like the one in the link). The set-up pictured in the link is very similar to my own (I've had it for years). With mine, I set the regulator by first pulling up on the black plastic knob by the pressure gauge. Turning the knob clockwise (when viewed from above) increases pressure, counter clockwise decreases pressure. Pushing the knob down after adjustment locks the setting - so it won't be accidentally altered. I have set mine to approx. 18 psi, because my compressor as no tank, the output pressure fluctuates a little (maybe down as low as 15 psi - which seems to be no problem). You should be able to read the pressure off the gauge as you are working, when you spray the gauge will move & dip as the compressor turns on/off. Keep an eye on it then adjust and test as required. I've seen in a number of threads guys will set the pressure some where close to 20 psi and adjust from there. Just be sure to make small pressure adjustments at a time & spray between pressure adjustments to get an accurate idea of wher the pressure has been set to.

JMac

Latest posts

Back