'Lobos' Viper *COMPLETED*

Re: 'Lobos' Viper *COMPLETED*

Sorry for the delay...but I finally got this one off the bench! Thanks for hanging with me and checking it out!

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

:eek:

dude.... some of the details on this thing are just ridiculous, this is just awesome.

Thanks so much for the generous comments guys! I'm really humbled by 'em compared to the work I see on here.

amateurmodeler said:
I'm going to have to try that kilz technique for my kinetic kit. Did you spray it or handbrush?

Believe it or not I poured it in... I began by priming the intake parts with Tamiya Fine White primer and then glued the pieces together with Tamiya Extra Thin Cement and some superglue for the resin parts.After the glue was left to dry for a week ( I just didn't have time to work on it) I ran over the seams on the inside with a soft bristle paint brush once again with Tamiya Extra Thin Cement.Once I felt the seams were as minimal as possible I grabbed a can of Kilz ..a large disposable cup... and a disposable bowl.I mixed up the Kilz in the cup until the consistency was like thin pancake batter.I sealed off the engine fan end of the intake with masking tape..and slowly poured in the Kilz...enough that I could move the intake around and coat the entire inside with a nice even coat.Once that was done,I removed the tape on the end and allowed the excess Kilz to drain into disposable bowl.I left the intake to dry for a day or so in the vertical position....inlet pointing up.This took several applications to get what I was looking for...and then after all was said and done I had to sand some of the Kilz off the back end where the inlet fan attaches....due to the build up of layers.

I sincerely hope that I have explained this in enough detail to you so that it's easy to understand.If you have any questions at all..speak up...I will answer them the best I can.

EDIT:Make absolutely sure your getting the WATER BASED version..not the oil based...see following posts...

Thanks again guys and God Bless!

Are you referring to Kilz as the paint use to stop the spread of mold in a house or totally something else?

Latest posts

Back