Lighting models dirt cheep.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
ok so on my next fighter jet model build i want to light it so bad, my question is where can i find some lights, battery packs, dirt cheep? i mean i almost lit the F-106x but never got the chance... primarilly beacuse i was too poor ti light it.

Check your dollar store for LED toys is a good start.
That's where Scott got a lot of what he used in the old Red Six build.

Great idea Quaralane! By the way, I enjoyed reading the profile on you today. I like that feature of this site very much.

You have some great looking stuff! Thanks for sharing your experience on the site!

Frank Blanton

Yeah, I second the dollar store. Ace, if you can spare 1/2 an hour or so and take a good look around, it's amazing what you can find there. Last trip there, I found some very nice brown moss type stuff for ground work and a small (8"diameter) oval piece of wood. It'll make a great base for a model. There's super glue, clamps, Blue tac, modelling clay, beater brushes, etc. Like I said, if you have some time to kill you can find some very good modelling stuff for dirt cheap! Happy hunting.

thanks for the tips guys, next time i get a jet im gonna light it. what i really want to do is make my 1/32 scale Ace Of Spades P-51 and have some exhaust manifold flicker while the prop spins, get a spare kit just in case i monkey something up. but thats my dream build, i will need a lot of stuff to do that.

what i want to do is get a decent scale F-22 Raptor and light the engines, put it on a base or something... thinking of making it flying, have the power sorce in the base its self, so you can change the batteries and stuff there..

Latest posts

Back