Leopard 2A6

Not a problem, it's not a big deal. It's right outside my office. ;)

I'll get your bins sometime today and post them tonight.

Regards

Keep up the good work !!!

She is a beauty ! and a nice build !!! You might want to make more
after this one... LOL

take care !

Good thing you got access right beside your office, a very detailed reference. :D

Nice pics of the turret baskets!!! Thanks Beobachtungsbereich!!! My Eduard PE came today!!! The mesh is 100 times plus better that the plastic mesh that comes with the kit. Lots of other details that I am thinking about adding as well...

Here is a pic comparing the mesh that comes with the kit compared to the PE mesh by Eduard. The difference between night and day don't ya think. Will be working on the upper hull tonight deciding which PE pieces I will be adding.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Slow progress. I went on vacation for a week and work has been busy. I have managed to work on Leopard here and there...I am working on the PE details. This has been time consuming because of the tiny details. I have never worked on this small of detail before. The PE parts are very fragile and take time to position. Here are a couple of pics the hook and drive wheel detail so far...

I will be posting a WIP video here soon. Here are a couple more pics.

Making some nice progress, even with those tiny little pieces!!! Keep it going!!

Started working on the turret and adding PE detail. Progress is slow but I am getting closer to finishing the detail work. The pic below is the PE that I added to the inside of the armor plate. I am not sure what exactly these PE pieces are however; it adds some dimension to the inside of the armor plate protection that is otherwise dull in detail. I will post more pics tomorrow of some of the other PE details I added. I did shoot some video of my WIP just haven't had the time to uploaded. Hopefully, I can finish up the PE tomorrow and get some primer on the Leopard this week.

They are just additional bags for storage. We kept a flex spout for refueling in behind both "elephant ears" on my tank in theater.

Regards

This weekend I have made lots of progress. All I have left to do add the chains to the smoke grenade launchers, add PE to the machine gun, and I few pieces of stowage to the turret basket. The PE tiny detail has been a pain in the a$$ for me. I have never added this kind of detail to a model before. See the tiny chains on the turret basket detail bottom pic. I had two Heineken's one before to help steady my hands and one after to celebrate for successful placing them on the basket. The top pic is a before shot showing the tiny chains prior to placement on the grenade launchers. I will post a pic after I install these. Time for another Heineken. ;D

oooh yeah!!!! that P.E. is worth the price. Finished the other side with the chains for the grenade launchers. Looking over the model, I missed a handle and some hatches in the rear of the turret. Bottom pic with black arrows shows the hatches and handle I missed. The orange circle shows the chains missing because I am going to add stowage. I am going to clean the Leopard up and let her sit over night. I am going to primer it tomorrow. ;D

Leopard is primed but a day and half left before BSC closes. I think I can finish in time but I do not want to rush the painting process. Still have the V-22 Osprey to finish, primer, and paint as well. I will see where I am Saturday night and make a call if I in or out.

Taking a small break but have not lost interest in my build. Also, testing out some new picture and video formats. The image below is uploaded using photobucket. I will be using this format going forward for my still pics. Later.....

100_4966.jpg

Latest posts

Back