Leopard 2A6

Tanker52

Here is my first entry for the SMA BSC 1/35 scale Tamiya Leopard 2A6.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool looking tank. I really like the camo pattern on the box art. Sure to be a nice build.

Thanks guys for the comments and the encouragement.

@NecronautDrummer I am building the German version and will be building the kit mainly OOB. The kit is packed with detail. Tamiya did a great job with this kit. I will do a video review soon to show these details.

Tanker52 said:
Thanks guys for the comments and the encouragement.

@NecronautDrummer I am building the German version and will be building the kit mainly OOB. The kit is packed with detail. Tamiya did a great job with this kit. I will do a video review soon to show these details.

If you need detail shots, let me know.

Regards

@ Beobachtungsbereich do you have some detail pics of the engine deck and turret? In my reference pic I believe these are anti-slip areas on the tank. I like to see how these look on the real tank. Thanks

The other pic is the grill cover for the engine deck. I am just amazed the depth of detail Tamiya did with this part. I wonder how they molded this detail? :eek: :eek: :eek:

[attachment deleted by admin]

It looks like a very nice kit. Manufacturing has come a long way in the last four or five years when it comes to model kits.

Most time the anti-skid pads are painted over and match the paint scheme of the tank. If they have been replaced they look like a black shingle you'd find on a roof.

The turret is covered in anti skid, there are no pads to speak of.

I can grab some finer pictures perhaps tomorrow or Tuesday. Just let me know specific areas you'd like and I'll see what I can do.

Here is the forward portion of the turret:

IMG_0441.jpg

and on the commander's side next to the fuel caps facing toward the rear:

IMG_0453.jpg

its more like a fine sand paper painted with the base color of the tank... you could always try Norm's tips just like what He did on the M1A1 SEP.

@ Beobachtungsbereich thanks for the reference photos. Do you have any pics of the turret basket?

@ Eastrock thanks for the comment and pointing me to Norm's tip. I have a lot to learn about modern amour.

I ordered some Eduard PE kit 36028 today. :) The mess that comes with this kit for the turret basket is hard to cut and glue. I used the same mesh screen on my AS-90 build years ago and almost went banana's trying to assemble and glue it to the basket cage. Also, there are some other details I am going to upgrade on this build.

@NecronautDrummer I guess I will be adding some PE to this kit after all. I have not worked with a lot PE to be good at it. I do have an etch mate to help bend some parts. I will probably be asking lots of questions on how to bend some of these pieces.

Here is a side shot of the rear left air intake and battery box cover. You can clearly see the anti-skid pads.

IMG_0489.jpg

I'll try and get you the shot you need. Are you requiring the side bins or the main turret stowage bin?

Thanks, this is a very detailed pic. This will be very useful for my build. I would like to have a pic of the main turret stowage bin. I like to see how the mesh is attached to the cage and any other accessories such as brackets, hooks, straps etc. Thanks again for taking the time to get these pics. I appreciated greatly.

Latest posts

Back