Late War Stug III Ausf G

In order to get the mantlet installed, it has to be slid into place with the interior floor loose and angled up in the front while the front hull is slipped into place at the same time.

Part of the gun mount is visible behind the mantlet and its would be difficult to get good paint coverage in all those tight spots, so I mixed up some Tamiya Rot Oxide and gave the are a coat incase I miss some spots while spraying the cammo colors.

Stug-12_zps6cde611c.jpg

spud said:
oh i like the Sade of Oxide, what colors did you mix?

Spud, I don't know the excact mix but its close to 1/3 rd XF-9 Hull Red and 2/3 rds XF-7 Flat Red

Thank you CS ;D

I know with all the back and forth test fit pictures that this thing doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere. But I assure you, I am making progress. In the pics below, all major hull components are glued together and I’m starting to get some detail parts on.

The front plate had sink marks all the way around the edges, so I filled them in with putty. When I started sanding the putty, I realized the entire center was sunk in also. It took about 3 coats of putty to get it flat.

Stug-14_zps108586c4.jpg

Stug-13_zpsb8c5651c.jpg

Stug-15_zps525f7d69.jpg

Latest posts

Back