Late War Stug III Ausf G

Here are a couple of shots of the major hull pieces and fenders dry fitted together. The kit has some minimal warping and wanted to test fit all the major player to see if I was going to have any problems. Every thing fits well and will only need some putty work on a few seams, mainly on the front plates.

Now I can take it back apart and start on the interior.

Stug-8_zps22c8c3d8.jpg

Stug-9_zps354cfa55.jpg

Great ,tidy work as always John ...looking good ;)

Chris.

Thanks Adam ;)

Tonight I continued working on the gun mount and assemble the RB Barrel. The Mantel had to be drilled out to accept the brass sleeve that comes with the RB Barrel.

This is going to be a real puzzle to get all the sub assemblies together once they are ready for final assembly.

Stug-10_zps7e4641dc.jpg

Stug-11_zps1cee93b7.jpg

Lookin good Big-John, love the clean build, don't know how you keep it that way, but looks great.

Cheers, Ski.

Thanks for checking in fellas.

Ski, I guess thats why i'm such a slow builder, I have always tryied to keep my builds as clean as possible, Thank you for the great coments.

John

These Stugs are great but getting that manlet onto the gun is a pain in the ass once you fit the interior.

But she is looking really sweet and it tempting to build another

spud said:
These Stugs are great but getting that manlet onto the gun is a pain in the ass once you fit the interior.

But she is looking really sweet and it tempting to build another

Done got it fitted Spud. ;D I applied CA glue to the interior floor contact points, and the inside where the Manlet mounts, then slid it all together like a puzzle... ;D

Latest posts

Back