Konichiwa from Tokyo!

Lincoln Wright

Hello all, thought it would be good manners to pop in and do the intro routine.

Lincoln Wright here, I'm based in Tokyo Japan and quite enjoy plastic models. As you can guess by the name, I am not Japanese but have lived and worked here for a good chunk of time.

Maschinen Krieger is a passion of mine and I have had the good fortune to become friends with the creator of the genre, Mr. Kow Yokoyama and contribute to the genre in the form of working with both Hasegawa and WAVE on their Ma.K lines.

Writing for the boxes, paint schemes for the cards, working on test shots of the models (make sure they are idiot proof and I am a natural idiot for this task :-[) as well as a larger goal to modernise the genre after 25yrs and help to bring it more up to date and be more accessible to fans outside of Japan.

Look forward to seeing what you guys do here, I do like that it's a little of everything which seems both fun and easy to participate in, great idea!

Last one, I love the "completion not perfection", that meshes with the Ma.K philosophy perfectly and I fully support this as the best way to have loads of fun, pick up skills and thin the stash!! :D

Cheers,

Linc

Hi Linc,
Thank you for signing up. I had no idea that you are that closely involved with Ma.K. That is really cool. I look forward to seeing some of your work here.

This hobby is so much fun and yeah, this site is all about that. If it's not fun why do it? Really wanted to try to develop a site where the armor guys 'see' the sci-fi stuff and the car guys 'see' the air stuff and vice versa. There's so much we can learn from each other.

Cool. Enough philosophy. See you on the boards.

First, I want to say hello I also look forward to seeing some of your work. The Ma.K. stuff has made me curious for quite a while now.

Scott Girvan said:
Hi Linc,
Thank you for signing up. I had no idea that you are that closely involved with Ma.K. That is really cool. I look forward to seeing some of your work here.

This hobby is so much fun and yeah, this site is all about that. If it's not fun why do it? Really wanted to try to develop a site where the armor guys 'see' the sci-fi stuff and the car guys 'see' the air stuff and vice versa. There's so much we can learn from each other.

Cool. Enough philosophy. See you on the boards.

Scott, you are right on the money with this one. Some of the plane stuff transfers over the Sci Fi quite well. And some of the armor stuff as well. The plane people amaze me, the attention to detail that some of them put into a model is astounding!

thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated and glad you all both know Ma.K and have an interest! :D

Will try and visit as much as I can and post but you know the story, so little time like us all...

Cheers,

Linc

Latest posts

Back