Jet Powered Spitfire!

Thanks tanker!! Weapons changed from 1xGBU-16 to 2xGBU-12s in centreline... Matt coat added, but it looks glossy??!! Weird... More weathering to dull down the gloss.. Cheers.

I'm thinking you have done a might fine job on this one! ;D I to like the weathering....the dirtier the better!!! 8)
What do you mean your out???(not prying buddy, just concerned)

TRM said:
I'm thinking you have done a might fine job on this one! ;D I to like the weathering....the dirtier the better!!! 8)
What do you mean your out???(not prying buddy, just concerned)

Well, I've had a few non modelling issues which interfere with the modelling and though I might get it finished as I only need to paint the weapons and mount the model, I am not getting my hopes up... For any modelling in the coming months.. :'(

Really sorry to hear that, MA101.

I hope you can get through the issues and back to these.
But, I also know that there are things that are more important

Nuff said Buddy! Hang in there! Tend to the important stuff, hope you can get back in the saddle again soon! ;)

WEll, only the stand, ordnance and some extra swastikas and star kill markings (I hope to build it as if Churchill had gone through with op unthinkable and attacked the USSR) to go before this bird is FINISHED!! HAHA!

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
WEll, only the stand, ordnance and some extra swastikas and star kill markings (I hope to build it as if Churchill had gone through with op unthinkable and attacked the USSR) to go before this bird is FINISHED!! HAHA!

Great to hear you are back at this one!

Things are going well on spitty front!! HAHA! With 3 Spits on the go, each nearing completion, It has become more and more a race against time, as my wings for the Academy F/A-18 haven't arrived yet (!) I have lots of time to work on the spitties! Only a few more days work for my beloved "Jetfire", The red star kill marks are not going to be used as they look morbidly underscale!

With the Jet Powered Spitfire "XIXR" about to roll out of Castle Bromwich (My House :eek:), along with it's RR Griffon powered sister, the Supermarine Spitfire XIX of the Swedish Air Force, I have decided to release some pictures to compare the normal model with my very ambitious Jet... They'll be up by Monday at the latest...

P.S The normal XIX is brushpainted, whereas the XIXR was airbrushed...
P.P.S The XIXR is my first time with rigging 8)

Great job buddy!! Braille scale to boot!!!!!!! :eek: Thanks for posting the vid!!! ;D

Latest posts

Back