Jet Powered Spitfire!

Everyone, painting and decalling done. Weathering done (heavy grime and bullet holes in port wing) any other suggestions? THanks, this build is looking like mabye my best yet... I'm trying to cover up a scratch that occured after decalling (Cat+model=disaster :eek:)

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
Everyone, painting and decalling done. Weathering done (heavy grime and bullet holes in port wing) any other suggestions? THanks, this build is looking like mabye my best yet... I'm trying to cover up a scratch that occured after decalling (Cat+model=disaster :eek:)

Pictures please!!! Or a YouTube video.

LOL Cat+Model=disaster. In more ways than one. One of my cats has fur so fine it just floats everywhere in the house. I don't know how many times I find cat hair in my fresh paint.

yeah, i know how you feel, it changed a bit when i moved to the new "mancave" :) but my cat's old and stupid (15yrs) and i was handling it and she jumped up on me and layed a scratch on my paintwork... oh well, just more weathering to clean it up... *sigh* (secretly grinning)

Mach 5 in a spitfire would be cool. LOL. Nuts but cool - to see someone else in it I mean.

Some more pictures for those who were waiting
1. Just a shot of the plane from the side.
2. A close up of the extensive decalling applied near the cockpit door.
3. The tail area including jet exhaust.
4. The underside... No gear doors yet.
5. The bullet hole ridden port wing... Mabye there will be more defined holes but, I think they look good with all of that weathering.
That concludes what I have dubbed the "RAF '46" project ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Althought the purists will curse and scream..... i think you should do that to a 109. ;D

Great idea on the spit - great work on the modelling too!!

Ok, when I can muster up the cash ;) i'll take it to a 109. I personally prefer the dirty look, but this is the 1st model i've applied it to..

Thanks, I'm thinking of more weathering (stains) in line wiht the sidewinder rails... To simulate the stains built up from the missiles launching, also, to cover up that nasty scratch I put on there trying to draw the camouflage lines :-\

Thanks John.
This has been a real fun build, and I never got bored of it 8) Next is the rest of the weathering (easy but not quick by any means) Fixing those scratches, painting the undercarriage and fixing it in place, Painting/Decalling the weapons and clearcoats of matt, then gloss then matt again, just for good measure...

I love the builds that you don't get bored of! That has been my contest entry from the start!!

Always something new to do. I will be watching for the finished product!

Thanks for input/encouragement on this build. The stains didn't quite turn out right, but they weren't terrible ;) Anyway, this is about building my skills up, trying some new things, so I'm not particularly fussed. A little more weathering is required, then I can finish up on the canopy, undercarriace, stand etc. I've also started my second entry, a 1:72 F/A-18A from Academy, Good so far (it should be, it set me back $40!!)

I agree with ya MilitaryAircraft101, I am always working on improving my skills and learning from others on their builds. Nice job on your build. The paint and weather details turned out nice.
MilitaryAircraft101 said:
Thanks for input/encouragement on this build. The stains didn't quite turn out right, but they weren't terrible ;) Anyway, this is about building my skills up, trying some new things, so I'm not particularly fussed. A little more weathering is required, then I can finish up on the canopy, undercarriace, stand etc. I've also started my second entry, a 1:72 F/A-18A from Academy, Good so far (it should be, it set me back $40!!)

Latest posts

Back