Jagdpanzer IV L/70

DreamKnight

Welp, while I am on hold with my Corsair, I picked out a Jagdpanzer to build. :) So I guess this is my next project until my stuff comes inf or my corsair. This is a Revell 1/72 model. Pulled everything out to glue and ready to paint. I used magic-sculpt over the turret base and shield to give it some bumpiness.

jag01.jpg

jag02.jpg

jag03.jpg

jag04.jpg

Great Start Bud, Cant wait to see were ya head with this one, So keep them pics coming. Paul..

OK, so I laid a primer with desert yellow then pre-shaded it.

jag10.jpg

jag11.jpg

I took a break to look it over and realized some details I can add to this tiny model. First thing is the back exhausts and the turret. The pieces were solid so I picked up the handy pin vice and drilled holes into them to make them look more like pipes and a turret.

jag12.jpg

jag13.jpg

Then looking at the back, it seemed kinda bare. I checked out some other models and real pics and it actually had some missing pipes to the model as will as a right antenna base. There's a base on the left for an umbrella antenna though. So I pulled out some magic scuplt to make them. The pipes though may have come out a bit to big and I'm missing another set of pipes back there but the problem is with the way the model is made, there's no space for another set of piping so not much I can do about that.

jag14.jpg

jag15.jpg

jag16.jpg

And my first tank in years done. I really should scale up though so I can get better weathering practice in. lol I do need to clear up some room around my work area to take photos.

jag25.jpg

jag26.jpg

jag27.jpg

jag28.jpg

Haha yeh I didn't have any good matte coat for it but when I did and added a coat of an acrylic Matte Varnish and now it's not shiney anymore. lol

Looking at that thing next to your pin vice and exacto, I can tell how tiny it is, holy smokes! :eek:

Considering the scale you did a great job, 1/35 is hard enough for me man.

As for those pipes you may have seen on other Jagdpanzers, they are the barrel cleaning rods, broken down and placed in their stowage racks.

You can see some aftermarket brass versions here: LINK or in the picture below.

ME-A058.jpg

ScaleModelMadman said:
Looking at that thing next to your pin vice and exacto, I can tell how tiny it is, holy smokes! :eek:

Yeh, 1/72 armour is SMALL! So I went up to 1/48 like on the M20 it's STILL a little small. 1/35 is the way to go for a bigger model. My next Armour will be 1/35 for sure! LOL But 1/72 is REALLY nice for quick builds but I'm used to dealing with small models from all the wargaming I did.

ScaleModelMadman said:
As for those pipes you may have seen on other Jagdpanzers, they are the barrel cleaning rods, broken down and placed in their stowage racks.

Thank you! I was wondering what those are! Then I totally made them too big! lol

For some reason 1/72nd armor is my favorite.
Great work DK! your weathering is killer. I love little tanks :)

Latest posts

Back