Jagdpanzer IV Fest WIP

Very clean building Tony. i might try and get that kit at the next show in March. Looking forward to the painting of this.

Construction Alert Step #10 Mesh skirt hanger assembly:

Step #10-1 shows two parts for the hangers but there are three NOT two. The unmentioned third part can be found on PE fret #2 as part #4 and is shown in the photo below on the left.
100_1285.jpg

The completed hanger:
100_1286.jpg

That Is All, Dismissed
Tony lee

Clairvoyant? Nice save and good to know for the future!!! Best part of the show is watching you pop out PE!!! ;)

Me again ;D
Tristar didn't provide the 18 upper screen hangers and just expect you to glue the screen to the upper support rail. Excellent kit and they pull that trick. :(

I've got the Aber L/70(A) PE set and those are provided so this morning I made a jig to hold the center blade upright for soldering,not enough surface area for glue to hold.

100_1289.jpg

100_1290.jpg

100_1291.jpg
16 more retaining pins to make and the hangers will be completed.

FUN FUN FUN
Tony lee

You see Tony....this is why those of us with this kit let you go first....we can learn from your expertise.

Going to have to keep this thread for reference when it comes time to do my own Tristar kit!

Why Thank You ECH, I don't mind,somebody has to go first,i've been on point before.

Just hope you're not behind me when things get intense or you might get run over :D

Tony lee

I admire your patience, Tony!!! this is also very informative build. :)

A great treat just to watch you put the brass together Tony!! Very cool!!

Hi Tony, that's some sharp PE work! Your zwischen is looking mighty handsome I must say!

Cheers
JT

Thanks,makes the effort worth every penny.
I believe you people just have a deep down weak spot for PE. ;)

Thanks Much
Tony lee

Right back again with pictures of my first adventure with Thoma schurzen.
I figured I better try doing one and get me an idea of how it should be done without makin a mess of it.

100_1292.jpg
The screen is sandwiched between those reinforcing strips top and bottom and the three upper hangers I put together yesterday.

All soldered up
100_1293.jpg
Not as tough a job as I thought it would be but it takes a delicate touch to keep the solder where it belongs.
The Aber PE is of better scale than the supplied kit screen and therefore really thin so don't get rough with it unless you're planning battle damage. ;D

That's it until Monday,the back needs some R&R
See Ya
Tony lee :)

Latest posts

Back