Jagdpanzer IV Fest WIP

;) Tony, Tony, Tony my friend...

Everyday you amaze me more & more (in a modelling context, you know... ;D ;D).

I have the hypothesis that this build can reach easily the mark of "EPIC" ;) ;D

Lets wait & watch how Chef Tony gently cooks these Guderian Ducks... ;D
Cheers, Tony
RG

Tony lee said:
Hang your coats on a nail and kick your shoes in a corner,we have lift off. ;D

Tony lee

Yeah Baby ! Great start .... Ugh ... road gear ... :-X Great catch on th instructions.

Standin' by for Transmission ....

Erik when I went to build the suspension I started with the left side. I cut all the parts from the sprue for one unit,clean them up and went to assemble but one of the parts didn't fit because it was a right side part.
Well that's no big deal right, just a minor instruction mistake,DML does it all the time.

After I built up all the left side units I want to see how they fit. The springs trail to the rear but when I tried to fit the things the springs trailed to the front???? I had built the right side even though the instructions say they are the left.

No harm done it's just that I wasn't expecting it.
Tony lee

With the big push last night and this morning the lower hull and running gear is assembled on the
L/70(A).
100_1259.jpg

A comparison of the aft ends:
100_1260.jpg

I guess I better get the books out and study some pictures of these before I start on the top sides.
Great that you took the time to come by the factory today. ;D
Great weekend for me,hope yours was too
Tony lee

wow tony thats great, not much difference betrwwn them now is there,

Agree with jelly this will be epic! The difference between kits also makes an eye opener! Have good weekend tony :)

Breaking out the books does have its advantages.
How did I miss this shot?
100_1261.jpg
That picture means there's more fun to be had. ;D

Later
Tony lee

Plenty of Zimm to play with in that pic Tony ! The two lower hulls look good bro :)

Chris.

Even though the Atak zimm kit was old and had shrunk and was brittle I just did a little modding and will fill the gaps. I tried the hot water soak but it didn't help any soooooo I made lemonade.
100_1264.jpg

100_1263.jpg

100_1262.jpg

There are a few more pieces to add but I called it a day and put the horse in the barn
Thanks for looking in
Tony lee

Looks good we all shrink with age but you can't tell look top

On to the next

Joh

Looking good tony, and you are motering along you will be finished in no time :)

And ??? ....Did the Lemonade work ?? ;D must have ,cause it sure looks good ,nice bit of Zimm work Tony :)

Chris.

:) Howdy Tony, I can see you´re working @ Flank Speed...

As I can see (read) you have several books about this Jagdpanzer.

I have a historical doubt: maybe you can bring some light to me: here I go: as far as I know (some months ago I read Kurt Meyer´s Grenadiers ) after its withdrawal from Caen, and I think that very shortly before the Falaise disaster, the 12th SS Pz Div deployed an AT - SPG battalion supplied with Jagdpanzers-IV...

My doubt is: do you know wich model of Jagdpanzer IV was used in that specific battalion? or maybe there were several models going togheter ?? ???

Thanks in advance, Tony :)
Take care,
RG

Up-Date Again
I glued the upper and lower hulls together today but had to use three clamps to tame the one piece upper hull warp. I want the glue to cure real well before I remove those clamps.

Broke out the L/70(A) again too.
I installed the front plate,fenders and built up the engine housing/deck that had 28 parts to complete.
100_1269.jpg

The cows have been milked and tomorrow is another day, Later
Tony lee ;)

Latest posts

Back