Jagdpanzer IV 70/A - wrecked

Wouter, that is some nice chipping work! I've never been a fan of the 70/A variant but great work nonetheless!

Ola Wouter

Schoon werk maat. Dat zijn mooie patatten ;D

Nice work mate that are beautiful chips.

Looks great with the chipping Wouts.
Tip for the next one, Leave larger areas of base color on the large upper plates. What you have is great, but with more of the base color showing will give you an area to show rust staining and streaking, and other weathering effects. You culd then just add some small chipped paint, spots really, and do some cool streaks.
Not saying what you have is wrong or bad, just future ref.

Looking forward to seeing the next steps.

thanks a lot for the great response fellas, always nice to read! :)

Rob, I hear you on leaving bigger areas of paint, will keep that in mind for a next project, thanks! ^^

Gave the tankie a couple of days ModelMaster enamel flatt coat, and when it was hardened I added some bits of Tamiya Olive Green and Flat Brown after another HS application. I removed most of it again.

I must say I find the chipping harder to control when you do it over a flatt coat. I felt it went much easier and better when doing it over a satin coat. One to remember.

I also painted on some balkenkreuz using Voyager Models templates, but it was terrible, when chipping, the white and black flaked of in the form of big chunks...almost like corn flakes :( ;D

A smaller portion survived on the right side, the other balkenkreuz were completely removed.

When that was finished I sprayed on a coat of X22 clear thinned with lacquer thinner
JagdpanzerIV70A25.jpg

JagdpanzerIV70A26.jpg

It's not 100% like I wanted it to end up, but I think I can still manage it during weathering stages.

Speaking of which, not sure where to go concerning next step...will check out Robs series of vids again.

Tips and hits and comments are most welcome of course :)

Cheers

I like it Wouts!! Nothing wrong with it at all!!! It's actually good you pick up on the does and don'ts along the way and take note to em!

Not sure what happened with the balkenkreuz...almost sound like you used Vallejo on it. ?? PM coming your way on that one!! ;)

Looking forward to seeing you bring some pigments and streaking in soon!! A lovely weathering session...I can't wait!!! ;D

Latest posts

Back