Iwata...could have been

Dagger6actual

Well I now have an Iwata Eclipse air brush and a brand new Power Jet Pro compressor. Thought I'd do a little review video....but it turns out that I am so dismal with an airbrush that I should be banned!
This could take years of practice....and cussing...

What are your troubles ? That airbrush was my first and I like it quite a lot.

Ravhin said:
What are your troubles ? That airbrush was my first and I like it quite a lot.
It still is mine along with the compressor. Very few problems with this set. If this is your first go round with an AB the best advice I can tell you is practice mixing your paint to that "consistency of skim milk" level. Use the proper solvent to thin the paint down to this, and add one or two drops of it at a time until you've reached the right viscosity. Another tip is pick up the Iwata Mack Valve for the AB. This valve screws in to the AB and then your screw the air line in to that. The valve enables you to adjust your PSI at your hand and not the regulator. Great add on to your AB and compressor. I could never adjust PSI with out it.

Thanks gentleman...it is absolutely me and not the gear. My wife is an artist...I can barely write my name LOL!
My biggest problem is maintaining consistent flow. I need to be able to pull the trigger back to just the right point and keep it there....why isn't there an AB with setting controls like that?
I know....practice, practice, practice....gggrrrrrrr

Dagger6actual said:
I need to be able to pull the trigger back to just the right point and keep it there....why isn't there an AB with setting controls like that?

There are actually.

Both my SOTAR 20/20 and my Krome have that, wait... so does my Renegade Velocity. ;D

but with practice you will get better, as I don't even use that option ever (but I do use it when my son sprays). Can you adjust the spring tension of the trigger? sometimes, more tension, or less tension will help uyou control it better.

Ken Abrams said:
Dagger6actual said:
I need to be able to pull the trigger back to just the right point and keep it there....why isn't there an AB with setting controls like that?

There are actually.

Both my SOTAR 20/20 and my Krome have that, wait... so does my Renegade Velocity. ;D

but with practice you will get better, as I don't even use that option ever (but I do use it when my son sprays). Can you adjust the spring tension of the trigger? sometimes, more tension, or less tension will help uyou control it better.

Ditto, the Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline and Infinity airbrushes have that ability as well.

Thank you guys a bunch...I've got some cardboard and poster board and intend to spend a week just spraying paint.
Ken I loved the bit about you not using the feature I mentioned unless your son is painting....I'll bet he's about 5 right?? LOL...well you are a master and I love your work. I am here to learn.
Like golf, learning to airbrush is humbling....
But I WILL get there!

practice painting dots and lines first. Those are the hardest to do.

I started off painting on newsprint using acrylic inks. This is how I started Bibi with the airbrush:

Bibi with the air brush

I tried to teach her the proper way, but she is 5 and I thought it might be best to let her just learn by playing with it.

This will teach you control. And then you can graduate to other surfaces. The newsprint will adsorb the ink, unlike plastic. But if you want to paint on plastic, just take some used soda bottles and give them a primer coat. Then paint the soda bottles with your choice of paint. (I used plastic cards)

I found that once I had control of the airbrush, the transition to plastic was pretty easy.

John, that is just freekin adorable. Remember the dude from Testors Scale Workshop operates his airbrushes with his thumb on the trigger ha ha.

That is way cool...very cute young lady!
I like the plastic bottle idea. I had cancer in my throat and have to sip water all the time so I have TONS of water bottles to use...three dimensional shape to practice on...thanks for the idea

Latest posts

Back