Iwata Sprint Jet IS-800.... Thoughts??

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
Was wondering if anyone here uses this specific model and how they like it? Specifically looking into how loud it is, pulsation and reliability. Perhaps also what accessories were needed to get it up to par if it fell short in some places.

If you don't recommend this model, send a suggestion for quiet, powerful and adjustable for a reasonable price :D

Thanks in Advance

-Brian

I use the bigger brother - the Smart Jets, happened to get a good deal on them. Nearly bought a Sprint jet however it doesn't have a regulator...

Have a look for the video review WGConsortium / SMConsortium (Cheung I think his name is) probably find a link to his Youtube channels in the Tutorials threads.

Awesome....I'm aware that they only have the open bleed regulator that comes with it but I figure being able to snag one for $82 US was a STEAL. The Iwata specific diaphram regulator can be had for an extra $35 shipped, unless I can find a used one somewhere.

My current Harbor Freight special is just tooooooo loud to use at night or when anything living is in the house. I measured about 92-103 db when the compressor was running.

Cant say I've use that exact unit, but there is enough commonality among the various re-brands that I would honestly recommend you do whatever you have to to get something at least one notch better. The bleed valve is just a lame way to go. Poor control and constant running of the motor will drive you nuts. Pretty sure you cant (or at least shouldn't) retrofit the Sprint Jet with a regulator because it doesn't incorporate a pressure switch (the motor wont stop when you do and will wear itself out....unless you still use the bleed value...which defeats the purpose of trying to retrofit it).

For several years I had a Badger T&C identical to the Smart Jet Pro and loved it, but once you use a tanked model like the Power Jet it'll change your life....or at least your airbrushing. I did a review a while back on the TC910 (very similar to the Power Jet).

Latest posts

Back