It's something about Mary

Hello Brian!! I knew there was a reason we were keeping you around!! ;D <<Big Sigh of Relief>> Nice having a seasoned crew member on board!!

I am still faring things a bit whilst I wait for the damp weather to subside...not too good for painting right now!! I have plenty of slimy, salt driven weathering techniques lined up for the show...that is for sure!! I have some nice reference shots of the tag line/missile bay area that show some excellent rusting peeking through!!

The tag line, I left as I was "thinking" (dangerous I know) of laying down a single piece of wire front to back and then flatten it out by sanding. With luck it will fill in the hole and look more like the flat plate that runs down the middle. I also started sanding her back to get ready for the anti-skid. I am curious as to fore the CT. Some shots lit looks a lot different than over the forest. Like just textured paint and not the detailed anti-skid. Not to mention I have a couple more question for sure!! ::) LOL!!

Here is what is going on for this one...

I finished the sanding...well, major sanding anyway. There is a large trench that runs down the center of the deck on this. This is a tag line rail for the sailor when they are on deck. My thought was to fill this in with something to keep the appearance of the rail. Trying some wire and then sanding it down after. First pic here show the wire not sanded on the right and sanded on the left.

069_zpsd220ce37.jpg

After breaking some rules while the wife and kids are at the beach, I brought my paint booth up stairs to escape the muggy weather. So from the kitchen table I managed to lay down some primer to check things out.

224_zps6b425980.jpg

229_zps2b23355c.jpg

231_zpsb1f5a226.jpg

It's close. I will hit this with another round of sanding and then prime again. I might be able to push forward on this soon. Thanks for hanging in there!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking good T! I hope that picture of the paint booth on the table isn't blackmail material. ;D

Latest posts

Back