About That Aurora Hartford kit...

Thereal9thdoctor

Soo... having finished the Dragonslayer kit, I HAD planned to build the 2nd kit given to me by a co worker. This kit is an Aurora kit from the 60s of the USS Hartford. The dude's grandfather started building it but never got more than painting the deck and adding the chains. Then it sat in a closet till it was given to me. This guy expects me to build it "To the best of your ability, because there's alot of sentimental value with it." Problem is... half the kit is missing. And now I have no clue what to do.

Soo... having finished the Dragonslayer kit, I HAD planned to build the 2nd kit given to me by a co worker. This kit is an Aurora kit from the 60s of the USS Hartford. The dude's grandfather started building it but never got more than painting the deck and adding the chains. Then it sat in a closet till it was given to me. This guy expects me to build it "To the best of your ability, because there's alot of sentimental value with it." Problem is... half the kit is missing. And now I have no clue what to do.
About the only thing to do is look for another Hartford on eBay for the additional parts. As it's a sub, maybe scratchbuilding or pulling parts from a similar kit might be a possibility? At any rate, advise your client (additional costs, time, etc) as he/she may be expecting miracles.

Latest posts

Back