Italeri 1/72 H04S-3 "Horse" Royal Canadian Navy

Hey everyone. I got a bit of bench time this weekend put didn't get a whole lot done on her. Halloween parties for the kids, family stuff and church ate up most of my weekend. Going to hit the bench now and carve some plastic while I listen to the Leaf game.

Look for an update Tuesday night.

Cheers

Jeff

Do you guys go to The big IPMS Toronto show in May?

Shouldn't be too hard to join up? For a brew while we wait or the judges decisions!

Anyway! Take your time on the model. Family is more important!

Did quite a bit last night on the interior. Will have some pics up tomorrow night. Trick it treating tonight with my boys.

schweinhund227 said:
Do you guys go to The big IPMS Toronto show in May?

Shouldn't be too hard to join up? For a brew while we wait or the judges decisions!

Anyway! Take your time on the model. Family is more important!

Yep I was at the show a couple years ago. I live in Barrie area so its not too far from home for me.

Okay.....I don't have a huge amount to show you but I did manage to get a bit done over the weekend. Mainly some interior stuff. I didn't go too crazy as you won't see most of it when its all buttoned up.... plus its my first aircraft model since the George Bush Sr. administration and I just want to do it OOB.

In this pic you can see the cockpit and instrument panel which is a kit supplied decal....sweet!

2.jpg

Another view of the cockpit and controls. I have no idea what colour the knobs and switches are supposed to be so I used some artistic licence to spruce things up a bit.

3.jpg

Another view. Tonight I am going top do a bit of drybrushing and some local washes to give some life to it.

1.jpg

Forgot a pic.

Here is the cockpit dryfitted in the fuselage. Now I said I was going to build this thing OOB....however. Looking at the box art, the picture shows 2 steps used to get into the machine. However the kit doesn't supply them. One is below the main side door and another I assume was used by the pilots to climb up the side and get into the machine? My pic shows pretty clearly what I added. Whats wierd is that Italeri did include the smaller one on the other side.

So a bit of wire, my grabhandler and 10 minutes later I corrected it. I think it looks better. I just couldn't resist. From looking at the box top I think there might be a few other small details I can add with out much fuss. Mission creep!

4.jpg

So look for an update this weekend. I hope to get the halves glued together, tail boom on and seams filled over the next couple nights. So it should look alot different the next time I update.

Cheers
Jeff

schweinhund227 said:
In that scale it's kind of cute! LOL

Keep up the good work!

Yeah its tiny but the fit is pretty good. I am used to Italeri armour kits (which I love but are a bit of a fight to assemble.) so its a nice suprise.

So! You like to torture yourself a bit hey?

Are there any Italeri kits you are looking for? To build or collect? Or any other like Zvesda or ICM or CMK? I have a few that I could let go! But before I list are there some that are high on your list?

Norm.

The cockpit is coming out nice ! ,good bit of scratcherizing with the steps ,funny they were'nt supplied as they seem quite obvious ?....Keep it coming ;)

Chris.

schweinhund227 said:
So! You like to torture yourself a bit hey?

Are there any Italeri kits you are looking for? To build or collect? Or any other like Zvesda or ICM or CMK? I have a few that I could let go! But before I list are there some that are high on your list?

Norm.

Well some of the first armour kits I ever did were Italeri so I have a soft spot for them. I really don't need any more kits. I have enough to last me a lifetime as it is.

However. I am always looking for the old Chev gun tractor and I would really like the GMC water tank truck.

Looking great. Can't wait to see more. I've never had a problem with Italeri kits. But then again I like a challenge. Lol.

This is looking like a cool little kit. Great addition to any collection. 1/72 builds can be really sharp looking when they have the right amount of detail.

Latest posts

Back