Imperial Star Destroyer 1:2256

Thank everybody. I am thinking of cuting down the tubes to about half of the currecht situation. To decrease the altitude.

Absolutely exquisite kit. I built the (comparatively tiny) AMT fiber optic kit many many years ago. Was always disappointed with that one...no so much more so. :)

So, I call that one almost finished. Waiting for the Turbolaserbarrels. This base has to work for the moment. Need some more inspiration for another one.

SAM_3782.jpg

SAM_3783.jpg

SAM_3784.jpg

SAM_3786.jpg

SAM_3787.jpg

SAM_3788.jpg

SAM_3789.jpg

SAM_3790.jpg

Enjoy.

The definition of Imperial might! Very impressive indeed. Great work! 8)

Man, everytime I look at these pics I'm just super impressed. This thing is so SICK! I love it!

Grendels said:
panzerace007 said:
WoW !! Great lookin Ship ! I dig th lighting !! Awesome shot of th 3/4 rear !! That's th Money Shot !

Question : I dable in th Sci-Fi building ,but have yet to light a kit ... This may be a dumb question , but ... Do you have to mask all of those tiny Fibre Optics ? Are th lights that bright that they can shine through th paint ?

Awesome Job ...... Great start on th modulation !!

\m/

No need to mask the fibers. You just leave them too long and then once you are done painting, you snip them down to size. Cutting the ends off removes the paint and the light will shine through.

Ah !! Thanx Grendels .... good to know !!

Also .. Awesome Job on this BEN ... Really Top Shelf Awesomeness !! I'll second that Emotion of ScreaminSamuri & I'll also have what He's havin' !!

The Base as well looks like it's filled with Awesome Goodness !! RockSolid !!!

\m/

Latest posts

Back