Imperial Star Destroyer 1:2256

Too bad those are no longer available! This was the Cadillac of ISD

Awesome work on this buddy!

Just the drilling alone would have driven me crazy!

Keep up the good work!

Norm.

WoW !! Great lookin Ship ! I dig th lighting !! Awesome shot of th 3/4 rear !! That's th Money Shot !

Question : I dable in th Sci-Fi building ,but have yet to light a kit ... This may be a dumb question , but ... Do you have to mask all of those tiny Fibre Optics ? Are th lights that bright that they can shine through th paint ?

Awesome Job ...... Great start on th modulation !!

\m/

panzerace007 said:
WoW !! Great lookin Ship ! I dig th lighting !! Awesome shot of th 3/4 rear !! That's th Money Shot !

Question : I dable in th Sci-Fi building ,but have yet to light a kit ... This may be a dumb question , but ... Do you have to mask all of those tiny Fibre Optics ? Are th lights that bright that they can shine through th paint ?

Awesome Job ...... Great start on th modulation !!

\m/

No need to mask the fibers. You just leave them too long and then once you are done painting, you snip them down to size. Cutting the ends off removes the paint and the light will shine through.

Grendels said:
No need to mask the fibers. You just leave them too long and then once you are done painting, you snip them down to size. Cutting the ends off removes the paint and the light will shine through.

Badaboom... you earned a cookie... ;)

No, just fun. Thanks for the answer. Thats exactly the way to do it.

For some strange reason I call the ends of the fibers whiskers. I don't know why.
Carry on here.

Continued the coloring.

Close-up-Shot:

SAM_3749.jpg

And the Overall:

SAM_3750.jpg

SAM_3751.jpg

I am almost done with the brighter Panels, after those I will start the darker ones.

You can barely see it, because its really subtile.

I deceided to let the dark Panels go. This will be the final situation with this paintjob. I want to wait until tomorrow for my final call.

Started working on the base... more to follow.

Awesome work! Those panel colours are nice.

Base is looking very promising indeed too. Where did you get those Death Star surface-like squares? They look like they're all from different types of plastic/resin...

So now you can make as many Death Star bases as you want and cut and shape them to fit. Cool.

Neutral Grey...

SAM_3769.jpg

SAM_3771.jpg

I will paint the surround a little darker, maybe black. With that I will achieve the effekt that the panels will pop.

And I want to add some pipings to the surface tiles.

Latest posts

Back