id really like to say thank you to you all!

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
you know, i don't mean to sound all sappy corny and sentimental, but i really do appreciate you guys here at SMA, i really feel like a part of this group, and i cant say the same for many other websites! im not going to get into spacifics, but in other websites i really did not feel as welcome as i do here. :)

coming here took warming up at first, but once i got into the swing of things i easily make friends, for the longest time i was looking for somewhere i could share one of my hobbies, and actually get input, actually have my work be appreciated by someone, and actually have someone ells i could relate my Hobby with! SMA was just the place i was looking for! despite the fact my work is not the best, people Egnolage my work, seem to appreciate it, comment on it, and even give me tips when i have questions, many of the people here at SMA have really helped me, in ways most would not, i have had many of my friends on here do nice things for me especially when i needed it most. i send some of my best peaces to the main gallery of the website, and it actually gets posted! other websites would not even consider my ideas! You guys all are nice to me, i have not had ONE person make fun of me yet, not a single one, and i can honestly say, i have NEVER! been on a website where someone has not made fun of me, because of my poor spelling or grammar! it just makes me so happy, that i can go somewhere and share my work, and have people appreciate it, and its also nice to see all the neat stuff you guys come up with, it is a inspiration to me, and i have learned so much from you guys and gals here at SMA!

Thank you so much

Dan AKA Ace... ;D

Great to hear Dan. ;D

If someone makes fun of you let me know, I'll sick my dog on them.

This is a fun hobby that should be shared by everyone, beginners, pros and everyone in between. It doesn't matter if you build strictly out of the box, or research and correct rivets, NO ONE deserves to be singled out or made to feel bad about what they do, no matter what that is.

Glad to have you, glad to see you're enjoying yourself.

Ken

Well said Ken,

What more can I say...
That right there, in a nutshell, is what this is all about.
God bless you Dan, I am touched by that testimony.

ScaleModelMadman said:
Great to hear Dan. ;D

If someone makes fun of you let me know, I'll sick my dog on them.

This is a fun hobby that should be shared by everyone, beginners, pros and everyone in between. It doesn't matter if you build strictly out of the box, or research and correct rivets, NO ONE deserves to be singled out or made to feel bad about what they do, no matter what that is.

Glad to have you, glad to see you're enjoying yourself.

Ken

i heavily agree, it does not matter if your a fresh brand new, out of the box builder, or heavily seasoned, rivvet counting, expert! all should be welcome and egnoliged, its what this hobby is about, having fun, i already do work cutting wood, and i say to those who have been made fun of for there hobby, (though i dont think it will happen here) don't worry about it, keep going if you like it! practice makes perfect! trust me i was not perfect when i started //shivers// i looked at my first Revell P-40 and compared it to my latest one, and i think my skills have improved considerably.

Dan,
Your spelling and grammar are miles ahead of some of what I've seen at other forums.
The fact you were willing to post here speaks volumes about the quality of your character.

In the short time you've been here, I've seen improvement in your work. Some of your paint schems look a little wild, but that's fine. We're all individuals here.

I mean this when I say that I'm glad to have you among us

LOL.

Not sure if you guys watch my videos, but I tend to always have at least one extreme nose hair closeup while wearing a hunter orange toque.

Individuals welcomed.

Scott Girvan said:
Well said Ken,

What more can I say...
That right there, in a nutshell, is what this is all about.
God bless you Dan, I am touched by that testimony.

god bless you to scott

its great to have you as one of the leaders of SMA, its especially great because we relate in the fact we both love Jesus! and i know that's good, because i know god does not mind me being here, because you try to do things influenced by god!

Quaralane said:
Dan,
Your spelling and grammar are miles ahead of some of what I've seen at other forums.
The fact you were willing to post here speaks volumes about the quality of your character.

In the short time you've been here, I've seen improvement in your work. Some of your paint schems look a little wild, but that's fine. We're all individuals here.

I mean this when I say that I'm glad to have you among us

thank you so much XD

yea Especially my favorite airplane, that design was years in the making, the Ace Of Spades P-51 went through several weird designs, flames, just plain black, but that was the one that stuck, so i wanted a scale model of that airplane, i made it, and didnt like it the first time took 3 tries, but the wild paint scheme stuck! some of my other paint schemes aren't going to be so out ragious.

Personally, anyone that bitches about someone else's spelling on here, or any other website, needs a swift kick in the rear. There is more to life then some remedial letter out of place, especially if English isn't the person's first language, and frankly I would actually contemplate banning (ok...maybe not right out of the gate, maybe 1 warning) for being so stupid as to point out someone's spelling mistakes.

In an article, or review or similar for the site, well yes...that is what spell checker is for....but for a forum post? Someone needs to get a life if all they are worried about are spelling errors.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Personally, anyone that bitches about someone else's spelling on here, or any other website, needs a swift kick in the rear. There is more to life then some remedial letter out of place, especially if English isn't the person's first language, and frankly I would actually contemplate banning (ok...maybe not right out of the gate, maybe 1 warning) for being so stupid as to point out someone's spelling mistakes.

In an article, or review or similar for the site, well yes...that is what spell checker is for....but for a forum post? Someone needs to get a life if all they are worried about are spelling errors.

there is only one case where i would get on someones hind quarters in the other forums for incorrect spelling TIPING LIEK DIZ BEAKUZ ID SOUDZ KEWEL!!! and it would have to be really bad! it especually frustrates me when someone has another native language, the only thing that irritates me more, than when people make fun of someones or my spelling or grammar when they are really trying to do it right!, is child molesters, Animal abusers, and SATAN!!! :mad:

WHOA!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Scott Girvan said:
WHOA!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Wow that is messed up that was actually easier to read then normal. lol

Dan, my man in the words of the great Scott Girvan "You Rock! Yes You!"

;D ;D ;D

Hey 13aceofspades13,

I just joined here a week or so ago,I'll admit when I first saw some of your models and drawings i had to take a double look..it's not what i typically see in most scale model builds ! .. But hell yeah ! I respect that,,build and paint your models however you want to I say.your not a copycat by any means

your doing what makes you happy
and..you have me beat in the imagination department.

keep them coming !

Hey Dan!

One thing I always remember is we always start some where and people should help each other grow in the hobby, not the other way.

I'm very glad that you are having a great experience here! :) Keep building and keep having fun and sharing it with us!

Chung

Scott Girvan said:
WHOA!

pirirty mintch yush XD

RocketSilo said:
Hey 13aceofspades13,

I just joined here a week or so ago,I'll admit when I first saw some of your models and drawings i had to take a double look..it's not what i typically see in most scale model builds ! .. But hell yeah ! I respect that,,build and paint your models however you want to I say.your not a copycat by any means

your doing what makes you happy
and..you have me beat in the imagination department.

keep them coming !

thanks, yes i like to make things my own, thats the great thing about model airplanes. you can make things how you like them.

DreamKnight said:
Hey Dan!

One thing I always remember is we always start some where and people should help each other grow in the hobby, not the other way.

I'm very glad that you are having a great experience here! :) Keep building and keep having fun and sharing it with us!

Chung

thanks DK

The only thing I want to add is that if there was a prize for the most enthusiastic model builder, Dan would win hands down!!!!

Grendels said:
The only thing I want to add is that if there was a prize for the most enthusiastic model builder, Dan would win hands down!!!!

lol, thanks bud XD

Latest posts

Back