Ian McQue Inspired Flying Rig

The lines and proportions look great. Following right along

Holy crap, that is an outstanding scratchbuild!
I need to check in more often....

Really nice work! Liking the style and the detail you have on it. Loving the wiper paths on the windows.

I added some panels to the super structure and started to build out the front end. I've also added a couple of kit parts to the top.

View attachment 328View attachment 329

I was at a local stationary shop (which has an odd assortment of model kits in the back) and I spotted a 1:35 scale M-977 HEMTT heavy truck. I thought the cab was very interesting looking, so I picked it up thinking this would save me from building the cab from scratch. I wasn't sure how well it would fit or look, but I threw caution to wind and bought it.

I also built up the bottom half of the ship, but I forgot to take any pictures.

View attachment 330

View attachment 331

I'm liking how it looks and I'm glad I don't have to detail the interior myself, since this was really supposed to be a quick, low-stress diversion from my other model.

I built the engine up separately, so I could more easily paint it. The white fairing is made from some 1" diameter styrene rod. The engine itself is mostly from the AMT Pod Racer kit and some bottom-of-the-barrel kit parts since they will mostly be in the shadows.

View attachment 332

After a dusting of primer:

View attachment 333

And in place:
View attachment 334

Thanks for looking.
more soon....
Mega build
Irishvic/Pantherman

Latest posts

Back