"I can hold it!" (Bandai 1/72 X-wing, Red 6) [DONE!]

Re: "I can hold it!" (Bandai 1/72 X-wing, Red 6)

Here are some early pictures of Porkin's X-wing. Everything on the model is done except for maybe a final topcoat of matte varnish. I got some 3/16" acrylic rod in the mail today that I will use to mount the model to a wooden plaque.

porkins4.jpg
porkins3.jpg
porkins2.jpg

Ah ! ,, so you are top-coating the finished model ?

I think that is best ,,, why I was curious before .

Look forward to seeing the base .
That kit base is massive :eek:

Cheers ,
Uru

No, I typically don't topcoat a model and I might not even do this one. The only reason I'm considering it is because there are couple spots that aren't as matte as I would like from varnishing over the oil.

So you would just hit those areas ?

Would love to see it close up , you always lose so much in photos .

Uru

The painting on Porkins' base is complete! I will let the paint on the base dry overnight and then give it a gloss lacquer for a smoother finish. I already have the acrylic rod cut to the proper length and then I will epoxy everything together.

porkinsbase.jpg

Incom Corporation T-65 X-wing space superiority fighter (Red 6); Bandai 1/72 scale finished in Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics, 502 Abteilung oils, and Secret Weapon Miniatures and Tamiya pigments.

porkinsdone.jpg
porkinsdone2.jpg
porkinsdone3.jpg
porkinsdone4.jpg
porkinsdone5.jpg
porkinsdone7.jpg
porkinsdone8.jpg
porkinsdone9.jpg
porkins10.jpg

Thanks for following along!

That is stunning work! A pleasure to look at. What's more is knowing the scale. Looks far bigger than it is.

Thanks everyone!

I'm trying to figure out what to start next (outside of some commissions I have on my plate right now)... I'm either going to do Garven Dreis' X-wing (Red Leader) or the new T-70 X-wing. Right now I'm leaning towards Red Leader but that might change after I see The Force Awakens next week!

Looks outstanding!

I'm working on the same kit using the same paint scheme right now. Great to see someone else building red 6.

Latest posts

Back