Howdy...beginning a build based on historic event

Dagger6actual

Am new to this site and hope to learn a lot. Like many I'm getting back into scale modeling after some time (making a living!). After some practice and learning builds am about to begin a build based on an historic event. Doolites Raid. A local guy, Robert Gray, flew the #3 aircraft off the Hornet. Plane was named Whiskey Pete. They were B25 B's. The only kits I can find are J models. Anyone with any suggestions, photo sources or anything would love to hear it! Model will be placed in a case and at Robert Gray Army Airfield. Should be fun and if I can learn some video skills I'll document the build.

Totally missed that this was also a 'hello' post. :p

Welcome to SMA! I hope you can find that kit, I'd love to see it done up!

Cheers!

I've learned that it shouldn't be too hard to modify a J to a B model B25. Apparently the Doolittle planes were pretty much painted all OD green for the raid...very little color, even nose art. The name Whiskey Pete was apparently just stenciled on under the pilot's windows...at least that is what I've learned so far.
Hope to get the hang of this site and doing video so I can document the build. Any suggestions appreciated. I'm impressed with the skills you guys obviously have. Will try to keep up.

Latest posts

Back