HOW TO MAKE SANDBAGS? 1/35

CQModels

I am often in need of sandbags for my dios , I've tried many times to use green stuff or Sculpting clay to make 'em.
But find I can't keep a uniform product . Being that I normaly need like 30+ to make it seam realistic . So I just don't include 'em . Does anybody know a quick and eftective method ? Thanks .

I wanted to ask the same question, so thought i would revive this question. I did see somewhere else the idea of making them out of tissue paper, glue and dirt. However i was looking to see if anyone else had other techniques??

Milliput has a longer drying time than green stuff and is easier to work with, but it might be more expencive for you over the water than it is for me.

the super fine is soft and would prob be the easier to work with, once you have a bunch made that you are happy with you could get them made in to resin.

Make a mold and cast up your own. this is what i would look into doing if you seem to use a lot of them

I was never happy with the ground work on this one, but the sand bags turned out pretty good I thought. Milliput formed into a cigar, then flattened slightly, and cut into bags. Pinched the ends and made sure they drooped down for a realistic appearance.

IMG_0644.jpg

sunsanvil said:
I was never happy with the ground work on this one, but the sand bags turned out pretty good I thought. Milliput formed into a cigar, then flattened slightly, and cut into bags. Pinched the ends and made sure they drooped down for a realistic appearance.

IMG_0644.jpg

Dude thats a whicked build. Me likes. Makes me have a new perspective into wanting to try a diorama. Very nice work my friend.

That was my first vignette using a grass motif. Learned some good lessons:

If you look at the piece with a critical eye, you see that the grass is too uniform, almost like a manicured lawn (which I suppose a tank could have crossed), but then we have this all too convenient round area of dirt for the MG...with out of place tall grass. And where did they get those two perfectly clean rocks to hold the map? :)

Granted this is a different scale, but this is a more recent ground work:

5772157483_58fc64f3d1_b.jpg

Keys: break things up, use LOTS of colors and textures. In a word, randomize!

Pardon us for bogarting the thread....

I used Crayola Modeling Clay once for that and it workled pretty well.

Scott 8)

Latest posts

Back