How much of a NERD are you?

modelguru

Ok I am just going to throw these two nerd facts out there about myself.

Self nerd fact 1...
When I was still in school in 1980 something I was one of the tough kids you know . Kinda like breakfast club. In the inside pocket of my leather vest was a pocket protector with all my mechanical pencils and other assorted tools of nerdhood.

Self nerd fact 2...
I have vanity plates on my vehicle that say MODL NERD.

Its out there feel free to have a laugh ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh where to start....

I was a mathlete

I always scored the 99th percentile on math exams

In High School I asked our guidance counselor what is the hardest major I can get a degree in, and went out and got that degree.

I have a physics degree and an engineering degree, I was two classes short of the third BS in math

I teach math, physics, statistics and economics at the college level

I use to own a computer store

I know the theory behind how a slide rule works.

I have a library of over 2000 hard back sci fi books.

I think that might be enough for now......

Oh and did I mention? Han shot first....

I can't compete with you guys either, but I'm proudly nerdlish (in my own right). Grendels is just smart, and Jingles is well really dedicated to his hobby.

I'm nearly forty and I collect more comics than my pre-teen sons, not to mention I took the family to San Diego ComicCon as a family holiday.

We cancelled our cable tv so we could have a bigger household budget to buy more sci-fi on DVD/Blu-ray/iTunes.

I still fondly reminisce about the Atari 2600, Barsoom, N Space, and the Misfits of Science...

And my favorite picture of a pin-up, is a girl with the Deathstar and two x-wings tattooed across her lower belly...mmmm

OK, I'll play ;D

Don't know if these make me a nerd or not.

I was on honor society in HS, triple majored Art, Science, Math.
Played A.D.D. and Car Wars (if you know what those are you're probably a nerd)
Was president of Multimedia Technical Club in College (when I was in my 30's)
Currently in the middle of writing a graphic novel.
Own two companies. One is a movie production company, other is a custom art/fabrication studio.
Would rather listen to vinyl then CD/mp3
I usually look for a way to build something rather then go and buy it.
Have a modded x-box with old Atari games on it
Still have an Atari 2600 that works
Have 3 computers in the house and 8 in the garage for parts.
Writing software for one computer to install into a 70's jukebox.

I think I have admitted to too much ... lol

CAR WARS! ;D
"If you don't like the way I drive; stay off the road, and the sidewalk, and out of the parks..." <a small tear forming in the corner of my eye> Thank-you Steve Jackson Games, thank-you. sniff.

Did you ever play Ogre?

JMac said:
CAR WARS! ;D
"If you don't like the way I drive; stay off the road, and the sidewalk, and out of the parks..." <a small tear forming in the corner of my eye> Thank-you Steve Jackson Games, thank-you. sniff.

Did you ever play Ogre?

LOL Never played Ogre, but a group of us did make a RPG, Was a combination of games, had everything. Space travel, time travel, dungeons, , could be any character from a super hero, all DnD characters, alien, zombie, werewolf, anything you could think of and we used Car Wars physics for vehicle battles which could also be anything you could think of. Was good times. ;D

And the pest part of it, ScarredKustoms, is that Steve Jackson gave us a set of rules to combine all of those genres.
The
Generic
Universal
Role
Playing
System

or, GURPS.

Quaralane said:
And the pest part of it, ScarredKustoms, is that Steve Jackson gave us a set of rules to combine all of those genres.
The
Generic
Universal
Role
Playing
System

or, GURPS.

God bless that man .. LOL

Now, on to my own confessions:
Star Trek, Batman, and Speed Racer were TV watching choices by Kindergarten
Used to RP Star Trek, and various superheroes before there ever was DnD.
Tried to build my first AMT Enterprise at 8 or 9 (took 4 tries)

In High School, I was no scholar, but was on the Debate team for two years.
Ran RP sessions before the start of classes, too.
Fondly remember my old Atari 2600, and my SNES.
Robotech and Star Blazers before school.

Hasn't changed. I met my now ex-wife over a gaming table (GURPS)
I built the computer I'm sitting at.
And, of course, last years "family" trip for my son's birthday was to....Wonderfest

perhaps not a nerd ?

a nerd would be able to post a new topic :mad:

a nerd wouldn't need a reminder to post more often :-[

a nerd would have fre time to play on the darn computer :(

WoW Guys ! I don't have a Laundry list .... but here goes !

Star Wars universe trivia Nut !

in th 80's played th Marvel Super Heroes RPG. I never really got into D & D ... I thought it was too Nerdy ! ;D

I too like Vinyl better than C.D.'s & still call them Albums.

WW II trivia at least from th German side.

KISS fan ! ( at least of the Ol' School KISS )

Collect Music Memorabilia

I think that's it ... it pails in comparison to some that have posted .... I now have something to work toward !

ERIK

I am posting this so I don't get deleted.

The top five reasons that I am a "Nerd".

1. I sometimes dress up in stormtrooper armor. (I am too short for a stormtrooper.)

2. I have a life-sized "Yoda"...in my living room. (not the "chick magnet" you might think it would be)

3. I have tape on my glasses.

4. I do a "killer" Stephen Hawking impression. (insert "black hole" joke here)

5. "Admiral Kirk....you won't give me the Genesis Device?......Okee Doke!"

Dictated. Not read. - Form completed at 16:15 hrs 1, February, 2011.

JMac said:
CAR WARS! ;D

Did you ever play Ogre?

I STILL have my Car Wars "pocket boxes"! LOL!

Oh my god .................. I need therapy now . After that confession session. Grendels you are truly the NERD KING and the rest of you my friends are nerd royalty. panzer ace I will see you this weekend bro if youre feeling better ............. we can delve more deeply into history and try to figure out where we went wrong.

One more question ........ Who has read the Republic Commando series from Star Wars?

Built my first model in grade 2 ( a Stock car ) and brought it to school for show and tell.
Used to play Star Fleet Battles & Advance Squad Leader, Never got into D&D, I like Sci-Fi not fantasy.Probably that's the reason I don't play Warcrack...oh I mean Warcraft.
Favorite Sci-Fi shows, Babylon 5 and UFO.
Played BattleField 2142 online ( 3 years and 3 Brigadier Generals later) still play.Fell in love with Fallout 3, Played it three times ;D
And lastly I work in retail ...Sci-Fi World, selling RPGs, action figures, comics games, books, CCGs (Magic ,Yugioh, Pokemon) etc.
Back in the 90's, we had a small studio and we had a contract with Lucas Studios to do Star Wars posters and lithos.

Latest posts

Back