How lucky you are !!

Pantherman

I thought I would just post this to remind myself how lucky I am. I'm at work having lunch, watching the birds and deer running across a field in the sunshine in peace and quiet. I could be sat in a gloomy canteen or at a desk staring at a screen or worse. Is anyone else lucky?
Irishvic/Pantherman

Attachments

• 20220826_122007.jpg
    20220826_122007.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 8
It's the start if his secret 1/1 Scale Panther. I would guess its for making one of the engine cooling fan boxes or some such thingamibob.

I promise to stop trying to be a clown but it does cheer me up as try as I might the effects of the Chemotherapy on my wife, just makes me so down and sad.

Hope all are having fun and to us in the UK have a great Bank Holiday.

It's the start if his secret 1/1 Scale Panther. I would guess its for making one of the engine cooling fan boxes or some such thingamibob.

I promise to stop trying to be a clown but it does cheer me up as try as I might the effects of the Chemotherapy on my wife, just makes me so down and sad.

Hope all are having fun and to us in the UK have a great Bank Holiday.
Don't stop, I really enjoy comments and if it makes you feel better then just keep them coming. It's a new design for a streamline stelth turret but don't tell anyone!!
Irishvic/Pantherman

Golgotha, I was saddened to hear about your wife. I hope the treatment is working for her, something like that is a horrific thing to endure. Best wishes for her recovery, getting old really sucks & there is nothing good about it!

As for my wife & I, we are both very lucky and even though we sometimes forget that fact it is true:)
Larry B

If cancer won't kill you, chemotherapy might do the job. Mom went through chemotherapy and it really wrecks your body. I think it might be useful against certain types of cancer, but this "one-size-fits-all" administration of it is reckless. I've brought this up before in another section of this forum, but most doctors have tunnel vision, and their education mainly comes from Big Pharma. I know a man who is a Guinness World Record holder who had leukemia but since his uncle had died from the chemo, he refused to take it and went to a naturopathic doctor and has been leukemia-free for decades. And during the present situation of this world we live in, I am seeing many stories of people using alternative treatments for the WuFlu and seeing cancers going into remission. We are at the precipice for medical breakthroughs, stuff the possibilties of which have been ignored because patents have expired and it isn't profitable. In fact, I know a guy (a fellow modeler) who has actually developed a proven cure for a certain type of cancer, but it was shelved by the FDA and promptly ignored. It's hideous what is being supressed. So, just know that there are alternatives.

So why do I feel lucky? It's been a fairly cooler than average summer and today is especially cool. I have a job without much stress at all, working with nice kids who are always happy to see me. I'm on my lunch break now and there are two small hobby shops within easy walking distance from here if I choose to step out and see what they've got. I have two 3-day weekends coming up and next week I will only have work Tue-Thu.

Every day above ground is a blessing.
On the subject of happiness, I recommend reading Dennis Prager's "Happiness is a Serious Problem". He's devoted years of air time and writing to the subject of happiness, and it's worth reading.
Victor Frankl's "Man's Search For Meaning" is another book worth reading, on the subject of happiness. To paraphrase a major theme of his work, we can't control what happens to us, but we can control how we react.
And I agree with the quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln, "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." If anyone had a reason for sorrow, it was he. He watched his country slide into a bloody civil war, watched brother slaughter brother, lost his eldest son. But he understood that truth.

Latest posts

Back