hoping break will be over

Just Mike

As recreational modelers, we're prone to becoming unmotivated with our hobby. We can put it down for a while while we pursue other interests, projects or just lose interest for a while. I've heard of this on several occasions, both with me and in others complaining about this.

So, over the past several months, I've been concentrating on my daughter's education and happiness. Also, I've been taking math courses and learning a lot doing that. I went from a 4th grade level of understanding to a 9th grade level of understanding! That's like eleventeen levels! (lol)

I've been getting a lot of household stuff done; yard work, small repairs, personal garage projects. Got myself an angle grinder to cut apart some of the scrap metal junk we have lying around in the basement and the garage. We bought a 55 gallon drum thinking we could make an in-ground fire pit. We just went with an old truck wheel rim. Now we have a big old drum doing nothing bit being old and ugly looking. Y'know, until I carve it up like a roast and sell it!

We cut down a half rotten willow tree in the yard. We managed to get all of the branches off and had a huge bonfire with those but we have the trunk and stump to deal with now. The trunk is slowly going away with repeated burnings. We'll be burning out the stump soon. Seems every time we burn the trunk, a week later, a sprout will form and start growing.

And for the first time in my life, I have real, honest to goodness friends! Friends who exist and I hang out with and play games with or watch TV or movies with or just hang out and have a good time! We've been playing Dungeons and Dragons together among other games like Ninja Burger and Munchkins. We started off playing 4th edition and I loved it but general consensus suggested that we should switch to 3.5/Pathfinder. I wish someone would explain the difference to me and tell me which we're playing.

Tried getting into PC servicing - performing surgery on a couple of really old, really cheap PCs. Didn't really pan out but I learned a lot.

I have been working on a couple of models off and on. Kind of pick it up, work five minutes on and put it down. Now that the PC tinkering is over with, hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic about modeling again.

As always, thanks for reading!

Latest posts

Back