Hi to you all , just returned to modeling after 45 yr break , yes i,m that old lol .

Could any one please explain to me what (PE ) A10 ??? means I get the A10 bit it's frame letter and part number but the PE bit has me stumped I have read destruction manual cover to cover but no help there .
Regards
Tye

Attachments

• 20220908_102058.jpg
    20220908_102058.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 6
PE will be Photo Etch, the tiny metal details it came with.
CA glue should work for those... but I'm honestly very VERY inexperienced with PE parts.

Yeah , PE is indicating a photo etch part , on the brass sheet .
There should be a legend on the first page or 2 of the instructions that defines the abbreviations ( usually )

You can glue PE parts together or to the plastic parts using CA ( cyanoacrylate = " super glue " ) or even acrylic medium - preferably the gel variety .

Lay the fret ( brass sheet with all the parts ) on something rigid like plastic , wood or even glass to cut the piece free so it doesn't bend .
I recommend slapping a piece of masking tape under the small parts so they are stuck to fret still once you cut them loose so they can't fly away .
Then you can grab them with tweezers .

Hi and thanks for the wishes for the wife, we just have to keep positive and full of hope. I started out as a Junior Leader, RAC so the SLR was for my B3 Infantry thence to the SMG and occasionally 9mm High Power then after 17/21L, I joined 1 Wessex TA and like you after time with the lovely SLR, someone or other decided that I too should tote an SMG and Charles G. Big mistake as I saw a Red Cross and engaged an ambulance. The umpire declared a kill.... For the rest of the exercise I carried the GPMG. I only knew Berlin as a blur, I was 13 months old with my dad at Gatow. I finally donated 13 years to the ACF, so know the 303,Bren and finally the SA and LSW series both Cadet and service.

Any way that I can help you just say the word. You need to watch out for the Panther man, he is really kinky over BIG Panzers.

Aye, John

Hi and thanks for the wishes for the wife, we just have to keep positive and full of hope. I started out as a Junior Leader, RAC so the SLR was for my B3 Infantry thence to the SMG and occasionally 9mm High Power then after 17/21L, I joined 1 Wessex TA and like you after time with the lovely SLR, someone or other decided that I too should tote an SMG and Charles G. Big mistake as I saw a Red Cross and engaged an ambulance. The umpire declared a kill.... For the rest of the exercise I carried the GPMG. I only knew Berlin as a blur, I was 13 months old with my dad at Gatow. I finally donated 13 years to the ACF, so know the 303,Bren and finally the SA and LSW series both Cadet and service.

Any way that I can help you just say the word. You need to watch out for the Panther man, he is really kinky over BIG Panzers.

Aye, John
Hi
God how i hated that god awful GPMG did'nt matter how many times i was told DONT PUT YOU HAND UNDER THE GUN LOL you will end up losing fingers or getting them burned , guess who got his fingers burned lol, hope the ambo was empty at the time lmao i was 9 yrs in 1 Batt Royal Irish Rangers ended up in mortars only reason was we had 1tonne landy to go round in , any other company it was a long tab to god knows where or for how long lol i was 5 yrs Berlin had time of my life this was back when the wall was still up and we had to guard Hess in Spandau , i went back to Berlin few yrs ago as i was European truck driver and it was so different i could not recognise the place . Anyway got bit more of the model done today its coming on ,i think i really should of put this build on hold until i get few more skills , but like proverbial bull in a china shop i stared so i will finish it ,as best as i can , whatever happens i will learn a few skills at the end .
Regards
Tye

Lay the fret ( brass sheet with all the parts ) on something rigid like plastic , wood or even glass to cut the piece free so it doesn't bend .
I recommend slapping a piece of masking tape under the small parts so they are stuck to fret still once you cut them loose so they can't fly away .
Then you can grab them with tweezers .
See i knew i was doing the right thing by joining this group , you have been so much help already and everyone so friendly , thankyou for the Help and advice , obviously I DID NOT read the manual well enough lol.
Regards
Tye

Easy tiger, or should that be easy panther!!
Patience is a virtue. Your like a kid at Xmas.
Irishvic/Pantherman
Here's one I made earlier, 1979
Hi
God how i hated that god awful GPMG did'nt matter how many times i was told DONT PUT YOU HAND UNDER THE GUN LOL you will end up losing fingers or getting them burned , guess who got his fingers burned lol, hope the ambo was empty at the time lmao i was 9 yrs in 1 Batt Royal Irish Rangers ended up in mortars only reason was we had 1tonne landy to go round in , any other company it was a long tab to god knows where or for how long lol i was 5 yrs Berlin had time of my life this was back when the wall was still up and we had to guard Hess in Spandau , i went back to Berlin few yrs ago as i was European truck driver and it was so different i could not recognise the place . Anyway got bit more of the model done today its coming on ,i think i really should of put this build on hold until i get few more skills , but like proverbial bull in a china shop i stared so i will finish it ,as best as i can , whatever happens i will learn a few skills at the end .
Regards
Tye
The best way to carry the Gimpy was mounted as the Coax along side the 120mm, 76mm, or 30 mm Rarden, mind you I loved the 50 Ranging MG with tracer/he spotting rounds, on the Chieftain, no computers, lasers, or image intensifier. Just the mk 1 eyeball and a damn great searchlight for night. The 50 was a heavy beast just to lift on and off the wagon.

Anyway great to meet you here and look forward to seeing your productions. Remember there are those that model that seek perfection and sometimes end up building nothing, despite being experten and those like many of us build for pleasure or relaxation, mental health etc etc. In my short ime here nobody has ever been nasty critical, just helpful as fellow modellers. Take the ongoing ribbing about Panther tank recognition, it has become a nice repartee and God knows it has kept me out of a dark mental pit, supporting my wife as this journey with Cancer goes on.

Feeling lost at the moment with Queen Elizabeth having passed on to be reunited with her Husband.

Yours aye,
John

Attachments

• IMG_20220908_212521-01.jpeg
    IMG_20220908_212521-01.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 2
Here's one I made earlier, 1979

The best way to carry the Gimpy was mounted as the Coax along side the 120mm, 76mm, or 30 mm Rarden, mind you I loved the 50 Ranging MG with tracer/he spotting rounds, on the Chieftain, no computers, lasers, or image intensifier. Just the mk 1 eyeball and a damn great searchlight for night. The 50 was a heavy beast just to lift on and off the wagon.

Anyway great to meet you here and look forward to seeing your productions. Remember there are those that model that seek perfection and sometimes end up building nothing, despite being experten and those like many of us build for pleasure or relaxation, mental health etc etc. In my short ime here nobody has ever been nasty critical, just helpful as fellow modellers. Take the ongoing ribbing about Panther tank recognition, it has become a nice repartee and God knows it has kept me out of a dark mental pit, supporting my wife as this journey with Cancer goes on.

Feeling lost at the moment with Queen Elizabeth having passed on to be reunited with her Husband.

Yours aye,
John
Can't beat a good ribbing.
Irishvic/Pantherman

See i knew i was doing the right thing by joining this group , you have been so much help already and everyone so friendly , thankyou for the Help and advice , obviously I DID NOT read the manual well enough lol.
Regards
Tye
Hi Tye, I should probably explain the back story. I started posting on a panther tank i was building and did not realise I was still on that thread when I started posting photos of a panzer i was working on and bless this lot, they have not let me forget it. So I am slowly changing my tag from irishvic to Pantherman with a new tag photo especially for one member (you know who you are). Hope that helps.
Irishvic/Pantherman

Well after hearing about the 1/350 Iwo Jima it peaked my interest

I went to try and find one.

Didn't find the Revell one, but did pick up the Hobby Boss 1/700 one

Pretty nice, but obviously half the size. Does have some photo-etch

I working on my one ATM it's quite hard to start with but I'm getting used to it now , it's starting to take shape and I hope to be able to show progress next week at some point , I have been looking at getting the Tamiya uss enterprise next looking forward to that one next .

I working on my one ATM it's quite hard to start with but I'm getting used to it now , it's starting to take shape and I hope to be able to show progress next week at some point , I have been looking at getting the Tamiya uss enterprise next looking forward to that one next .
Looking forward to seeing your build.
Irishvic/Pantherman

Well here we go , putting my progress of last 2 weeks before you all , I know it's not perfect but as time goes on I hope to improve not only this ship but my skills aswell .20220918_192446.jpg20220918_192421.jpgIMG-20220918-WA0002.jpegIMG-20220918-WA0002.jpeg20220918_192501.jpg

Attachments

• 20220918_192405.jpg
    20220918_192405.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20220918-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20220918-WA0002.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back