Honda!

Too bnad I missed the progress video, but I rest assured that you'll put up another one instead.
That is a nice view you have there! I'd porbably hang on the shore until the carrier had left. What carrier is it anyway?
Enjoy your trip!
Guido

Thanks, I will get that video fixed and reposted this weekend.

The carrier is the Lexington from WWII. They made it into a museum, and yesterday we crawled all over it. Photos and videos will be coming up later this month.

You removed the vid just as I was watching it... I was like... WTF happened... now I know! Looking good bro!

Awesome video, saw it on youtube a few days ago. Think you're onto a great start here with the prep! Mounting those headrests, some thick paperclips would be more or less to scale and make them look real good if you drill in holes and glue em on.

Great prep all around!

Nice vid, man!..., but when you go submarine on us again you should underlay it with some sound: either whales singing, or maybe the attack theme from "Jaws": dam-dam, dam-dam, dam-dam, ...
Just a suggestion. ;D
Looking forward to your next video!

Cave_Dweller said:
Awesome video, saw it on youtube a few days ago. Think you're onto a great start here with the prep! Mounting those headrests, some thick paperclips would be more or less to scale and make them look real good if you drill in holes and glue em on.

Great prep all around!

Thanks, I am going to use some copper wire or a few braids to attach the head rest. I got out the calipers and measured up how thick the post need to be. Paper clips are too thick and won't look right. If I use copper, I will paint it up with some alclad.

Tailor said:
Nice vid, man!..., but when you go submarine on us again you should underlay it with some sound: either whales singing, or maybe the attack theme from "Jaws": dam-dam, dam-dam, dam-dam, ...
Just a suggestion. ;D
Looking forward to your next video!

Suggestion taken, in the future some sort of fishy sounds......

TRM said:
Nice progress G!! LOL...nice fishy cam too!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks!

Glad to see your video is back up! I still think you are making a transforming submarine/car/robot that is a super hero at night and sings/dances at weddings and bar mitzvahs by day! ;D

Tip for your alligator tree... instead of using a block of wood, get yourself some flower arrangement foam from Walmart... you can get a pretty good size block of it for like $3... and then you don't have to worry about where you put just stick the dowels into it anywhere you want and they will hold. Just a tip!

Les said:
Glad to see your video is back up! I still think you are making a transforming submarine/car/robot that is a super hero at night and sings/dances at weddings and bar mitzvahs by day! ;D

Nope! Well maybe sings at weddings is not quite out of the picture.....

LrdSatyr8 said:
Tip for your alligator tree... instead of using a block of wood, get yourself some flower arrangement foam from Walmart... you can get a pretty good size block of it for like $3... and then you don't have to worry about where you put just stick the dowels into it anywhere you want and they will hold. Just a tip!

I thought about that, but the foam will eventually wear out, the wood however won't. And I don't like floral foam. It just crumbles at times.

I am about to go upstairs and start some work on this!

Grendels said:
I thought about that, but the foam will eventually wear out, the wood however won't. And I don't like floral foam. It just crumbles at times.
Theres always regular styrofoam... like from packaging. It holds up alot better and don't deteriorate as fast.

I have already cut the wood, so to speak, so I am going to stick with it. Now for those that don't have a lot of scrap wood laying about. Foam will work great!

Here is a brief update, work on the engine:

IMG_1173.jpgIMG_1174.jpgIMG_1176.jpg

I think that engine is far too clean, the wife thinks I should keep it that way and build a clean car. I am thinking that this thing is 15 years old and needs to be dirty. Opinions???

Oh and one of the side mirrors. The photo doesn't do it justice. It is painted with Alclad Chrome and about to get a clear glossy coat. I will have to get out the good camera next time.

IMG_1179.jpg

Tough call there G!! First instinct tells me get this puppy some dirt and grime...on the other hand...18 years of marriage tells me otherwise ::) LOL!! Engine looks sweet BTW!! Keep at it!! ;)

Here's an idea... a compromise... make it look new but make it look like the owner just took care of it the best he could. Of course he couldn't get into all the nooks and crannys. Maybe make it look like it's For Sale and the owner just finished cleaning it up the best he could. You know... dirty on the bottom, clean-ish on the top. Perhaps in the window edges show a little bit of missed grime, maybe one of two little bitty dings in the side from a shopping cart. A potato chip or french fry on the floor board with some old reciepts from the gas station. Perhaps even a little plush toy in the back window, and a bumper sticker or two. Or even those little "people" stickers for the window to show a family with a dog who play soccer! LOL You could go all out on that! Its all those little details that would bring it to life. And don't forgot to put in the pass mirror "Objects in mirror are closer then they appear!"

Latest posts

Back