Honda!

It would have looked great if you could have lit for the finish,never mind it will look just as good when it's finished anyway. 8) ;D

Thanks Java, I could have done the lighting, but then the head lights would not have been retractable. So I chose to keep the model intact.

LrdSatyr8 said:
Your a wild and crazy man! :) But bounce by proxy just don't feel the same way! LOL At least you had fun and we all know you got that bouncy castle for yourself... Bebe just was a really good excuse! :)

LOL! Nope I didn't know about the bounce castle until the day before it arrived. The wife wanted a good party for Bibi and she got it.

LrdSatyr8 said:
Your a wild and crazy man! :) But bounce by proxy just don't feel the same way! LOL At least you had fun and we all know you got that bouncy castle for yourself... Bebe just was a really good excuse! :)
[quote author=Grendels]
LOL! Nope I didn't know about the bounce castle until the day before it arrived. The wife wanted a good party for Bibi and she got it.
[/quote]
Uh huh... sure sure... likely story... and you only got into it just because you were forced and they twisted your arm too! I wonder how many people it took to finally drag you out of it! :)

Grendels,

Hey great job on this kit, I used the same Tamiya x7 paint on a 1/24 scale car kit recently. I found that I had to spray pretty thin and actually used Windex as a thinner. I have also used alcohol as a thinner in the past. What are you using to thin the paint?

Also I watched the video of when you and your family went to Eagle (think it was called) the model contest I just watched yesterday, really enjoyed seeing all the kits. Man some of those paint jobs, wow!!..

Keep the camera rolling and I can't wait to see this kit wrapped up the Tamiya 1/24 Mini was a challenge for me.. fat fingers and tiny parts 8)

Wonder if anyone has any suggestions where I could send my Iwata it seems to need gone over as well.

Thanks again for the updates, looking good!!

Mike

Your welcome Mike.

I figured out what I was doing wrong with the Tamiya paints last week. So the problems I have outlined in these videos won't happen again.....

I am using Tamiya thinner. So it isn't the thinner that is giving me the problems, but the air pressure. I had it set far too high, and that is where the orange peel was coming from. When I reduced the pressure to 10 PSI, it went away completely.

Grendels said:
Your welcome Mike.

I figured out what I was doing wrong with the Tamiya paints last week. So the problems I have outlined in these videos won't happen again.....

I am using Tamiya thinner. So it isn't the thinner that is giving me the problems, but the air pressure. I had it set far too high, and that is where the orange peel was coming from. When I reduced the pressure to 10 PSI, it went away completely.

Very cool... glad to hear that you figured out the orange peeling problem. I usually just used rattle cans so I guess that may have been the problem. Never had a full size air compressor to even think about that option! Can't wait to see what you've done with it.

Belugawrx said:
Tamiya puts itself together NP. ;) just on here havent seen it complete but.......

LOL! I did finish this one, but I still have 14 videos to go....

LrdSatyr8 said:
Grendels said:
Your welcome Mike.

Very cool... glad to hear that you figured out the orange peeling problem. I usually just used rattle cans so I guess that may have been the problem. Never had a full size air compressor to even think about that option! Can't wait to see what you've done with it.

Unfortunately I figured out what was wrong after the model was done....

My airbrush does not seem to work well at 10psi and air-brushing I constantly get different results..

14 Videos to go?? My God Man!! Are you documenting every single laydown of glue and part? Or did you just fall asleep with the camera running again? LOL ;) Personally I think Bibi got ahold of the camera and was spyin on you the hold time! LOL! :)

myhobbyroom said:
Cool build. Keep up the good work.

Thanks!

builder101 said:
My airbrush does not seem to work well at 10psi and air-brushing I constantly get different results..

That worried me to, but I did five test sprays and it worked fine. I did make a video and if I can remember I will post this week.

LrdSatyr8 said:
14 Videos to go?? My God Man!! Are you documenting every single laydown of glue and part? Or did you just fall asleep with the camera running again? LOL ;) Personally I think Bibi got ahold of the camera and was spyin on you the hold time! LOL! :)

I recorded progress on the car and not the work I did, these videos are all under 15 minutes each.

This was the first car model I have built in well 25 years, and boy was I not prepared for it. The videos show that quite well near the end of the build.

I know I stripped the paint off of the body 4 times, off the interior at least three times, Horribly screwed up flocking lost a tire, and other such fun.

Right now I am building a AMC gremlin, and it is going so much better.....

Videos on it soon.

Latest posts

Back