Honda NSR 500 (1/12)

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi chaps ,

As well as the little RC166 I am building at the minute ,I have another couple of bikes on the go so I thought I'd share them in here .
The first one up is another Honda ,this time a little later tho 1986 NSR500 .

honda-nsr-500-112-tamiya-14099.jpg

I've already got a bit of a start on this one .......

Frame & swing arm ,

DSCF1189.jpg

Then the rear end was painted and assembled .....

DSCF1190.jpg

The engine Done ...AK Interactive Dark Steel pigment was used to give the slight metallic look.

DSCF1193.jpg

Both the engine & rear assembly were then fitted to the frame .....

DSCF1198.jpg

DSCF1199.jpg

I got onto the bodywork next ,this was assembled then rubbed down ,the tank & seat unit is made up of two halves split lengthways ,so there is a seam right along the middle to deal with .

DSCF1201.jpg

The bodywork was again reprimed ,then treated to a couple of coats of Ford Diamond White 2pk ,the front guard getting hit with some Bright Red .....

DSCF1203.jpg

Then while the paint is drying I got back onto the bike ,the exhausts were next up ,its a bit tight getting four expansion chambers underneath the frame !!

DSCF1207.jpg

But I got them sorted in the end :)

DSCF1205.jpg

So ,Thats were Im at now :)

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Oh wow awesome work Chris! It looks great, and very nice seem job. Nice to see you using 2pk paint!

Yeah great job Chris
its looking really realistic, looks like you know your bikes!

Thanks guys :)

Erik ...go on go on ;D ..Judas Priest !! cool 8)

John ,I still have a lot of 2 pack paint in storage from a past life ,Diamond white is something I have plenty of from doing the Vans ;)

Leighbo ,thanks mate ,yeah I have dabbled in a few 1:1 bikes in my time ,still have a few :) ;)

Chris.

Hi folks :)

I got the front end painted and put together :) So I set it in place for a few pics ,it has to come off so I can slip the fairing in place .

DSCF1235.jpg

DSCF1234.jpg

DSCF1236.jpg

Next up will be a decal fest !!! ,just got to finish up the footrests/levers and some bodywork brackets ,then the body parts can go on :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

PHAT........
DSCF1237.jpg

Fantastic clean build and paint! The subtle wash and color modulations are on point :eek:

Thank you very much guys :)

Well ....I moved on ....Just a little ;D ;D

I had a bit of a decalfest on the bodywork ,every bit of colour is a decal ...no paint was harmed in the colouring of the bodywork :)
The Tank & seat unit were done first ,once the decals were on and dry I gave it a couple of coats of Clear ,then put the seat pads in place along with the filler & breather on the tank .

DSCF1240.jpg

The fairing was next ...same thing ,decals then clear ,after which I painted in all the little fittings ,then slipped it onto the bike and re assembled the front end ,once the fairing was on I popped the screen in place .

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1241.jpg

Soooo... with that I fitted the Tank & seat unit ....Job done :)

DSCF1243.jpg

DSCF1244.jpg

DSCF1250.jpg

DSCF1247.jpg

DSCF1249.jpg

As always ,thanks for looking in and all the great comments ..they're all very encouraging :)

Chris .

Oh yeah ....next up ...... ;D ;D ;D ;D

DSCF1251.jpg

The bike looks fantastic Chris, the decals have flattened nicely and look great under the clear, the subtle details you have picked out make the bike look realistic can't wait to see how the RC221V comes out. I'm currently working on the YZR500'01 Shinya Nakano version and hope it comes out as well as your bike has. After that it's Yamaha YZF-R1 Taira Racing. keep the bikes coming.

Thanks Jay , got any pics of the Yammy ...I'd like to see it :)

Chris.

Nice work Chris, seems like you built that thing in 2 days !

Was the chain and sprocket a single piece ?

Congratulations on hitting the finish line on this one Chris!!! WOW, what a great looking bike!!! Looking forward to the next one!

Latest posts

Back