Hobby Boss 1/35 M1070 & M1000 Heavy Equipment Transporter Semi Traler

Aaron - LOL....no, just a tattered box loaded with useless knowledge and from time to time some items can be used! ;)

Adam - going to check now!! ;D

Pretty sure armorfarm is going to be releasing a fine wire for winch cable soon enough, I think the tow cable is too thick.

Ken Abrams said:
Pretty sure armorfarm is going to be releasing a fine wire for winch cable soon enough, I think the tow cable is too thick.

Looking forward to it!!! ;)

9 pages in and only the neck done, im going to call this tread topic of the year because by the time its done it will prob be in to epic numbers :D

spud said:
9 pages in and only the neck done, im going to call this tread topic of the year because by the time its done it will prob be in to epic numbers :D

You know what they say about a build with a big thread..... ::)

Alrighty folks, after all this talk about winches I decided to give the hand winch a shot. I am so glad I used the microfilamient braided fishing line. 2 reasons. 1. It looks much more to scale the the thread the kit included. 2. The kit didn't include enough thread to wrap it around the winch drum so it would have looked pretty weird anyways.

Here are a few pics.

Finishing line on top, thread on bottom:
2012-11-24_17-10-37_746.jpg

2012-11-24_18-14-58_802.jpg

2012-11-24_18-22-59_293.jpg

2012-11-24_18-14-13_682.jpg

I didn't do it on purpose but when I tied down the hook it added some tension to the pulley system which now I think looks kinda cool!

thanks again for following along!

That looks pretty sweet Adam!! Good call! PM sent btw! I will talk with you tomorrow about it!! ;D

Thanks T, I'll check the box now.

In terms of progress I got a little bit more done tonight but didn't take any pictures. I have to say that this build has been BEYOND Fun so far. Even though the parts count is so high it doesn't feel like it's that bad. The 88 has lots of parts and that felt like forever, this feels like a dream. I did decide that for the trailer wheels, even though they are steerable, I glued all the actuating arms in the strait position. I just can't ever think of myself wanting to change them. The Tractor, I'll probably have the wheels turned or something.

I'll post pics tommorrow.

later.

Very cool Adam. i can see that winch arm breaking at some point tough :)

Alright guys, I have a problem that I've never encountered before.

The thing is so Gee whiz big I'm having a hard time taking pictures of it..... ::) Hahaha

Seriously, the trailer is massive!
2012-11-25_21-39-47_292.jpg

2012-11-25_19-26-45_861.jpg

In all reality I wish I had more of a SBS build log for you guys detailing every section of the build but there really are no problems to speak of. I'm sure that there are issues some guys could point out but I'm really not finding any. There are a few things to look out for but they don't seem like problems with the kit to me. I.E. Some of the larger pieces that make up the trailer seem almost warped, not twisted, but just not perfectly flat. I'm assuming this is normal given the fact that some of the pieces are so large. It's nothing that Tamiya extra thin and a little bit of pressure wont fix. Other than that, its really just been taking my time dry fitting and reading the instructions. There is NOTHING complicated about the build so far.

In fact, I can honestly say that this has been one of the more fun builds I've done so far. I'm actually having so much fun I want to get a 2nd kit at the start of next year so that I'll have another one to put a kit on.

Nice Building Adam!!!! Yeah, the big stuff can get hard to take pics....you can get a large piece or two of poster board from Wally World for 2 bucks a piece!! Lay it on the floor!! LOL!! Use a tripod if you have one...zoom in afterwards!! ;)

like you say when you've got this done and a tank or some other vehicle on the trailer its going to be one impressive beast alright

wow is that 17 or 18 inches................ on a side note This arrived for me today
Engine_set_for_M_4f43fe058fdda.jpg

Latest posts

Back