Hobby Boss 1/35 M1070 & M1000 Heavy Equipment Transporter Semi Traler

Lol. as far as the load goes ill be going with the Tamiya Tusk Abrams, the buffalo would give it a lot of height and would defo look cool on the back

Thanks guys!!! The one thing I got to thinking about last night was all the hoses! I know on the real thing they are probably all rubberized black. I started freaking out because I already attached the hoses on the goose neck. I stayed up looking at pics online for a while last night, I think I'm okay because in all the pics I found all the hoses were covered in dust and mud. I think with a little bit of weathering, the hoses you will see will look just the part...

letsgobrowns82 said:
Unfortunately I have no office as I am an electrician

If it ever gets bad enough you could always get a P.O. Box at the Post Office and have them hold your mail. How sad is it that I've already thought of that one... ::)

adampolo13 said:
letsgobrowns82 said:
Unfortunately I have no office as I am an electrician

If it ever gets bad enough you could always get a P.O. Box at the Post Office and have them hold your mail. How sad is it that I've already thought of that one... ::)

LOL...as long as you go easy to start...you can have it shipped to you you just need to blame it on someone else. "Oh this guy Adam from the website, he sent me a kit he want me to review for him...no time!!! Not a bad deal, ey Hon...free kit!" Worked for me a couple times!!! She knows I get review stuff from time to time now, so not an issue...I just blame it on Ken mostly!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just realized you blame a lot of stuff on Ken. Your wife must really not like him? Hahaha. I think we all have a few friends like that, the ones our wives roll their eyes at when we talk about them.... ::)

LOL...I get the eye roll...but almost have her trained now....package arrives, she puts it on the table doesn't ask too much anymore but the occasional "review item"? or Something from Rob or Ken!! Creful...you might be next on the list!! ;D

Oh yeah thats an awesome idea. I will just blame all this stuff on Adam from now on. ::) I'll say well he moved into his new house and didnt have room for all those kits so he sent me a couple to review for SMA. I have an evil smile right now ;D

Oh Adam...he (Aaron) is growing up so fast ya know? LOL!!

Getting the idea now my friend!!! I have shelves in my trunk!!! Print out a giant picture of someone else stash and hang it in the cave where your kits go....this way she always thinks you have a bunch in the stash!!! ;) LOL....small cash jobs on the side, I have been know to run to CVS and pop it on a gift card....easier to hide and I can buy with it anywhere.....LHS....online and of course I have the luxury of shipping to work too!! It's kind of an art form!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alright folks! I got some some Fire Wire (10lb) for the hand winch for the spare tires. Small stuff that is actually braided. But I have no idea what kind of wire to get to simulate the Dual winches on the Tractor. I went to Wal-Mart and looked at the picture frame wire. The problem was that it was still too thick. Anybody have a good suggestion for winch cable???

Always a suggestion.... ::)

This is a quick guess mind you...25 ton winch...with a 30mm wire cable...correct?

This puts the cable at about 1.18" which is just shy of 1 1/8" which covert to .8mm or around 1/16" of an inch! :eek: In the 1/35 scale world.

OK..with that two quick options....

Make your own using really fine lamp cord wire...24, 26, 28 gauge. 3 or four wires wound concentrically around each other. I you take the three or 4 wires and secure them to your bench/vice better if you have them secured in this configuration:

X
X X
X

....do not wind yet....place the other ends in your variable speed drill. If you stick a pencil with the eraser rounded in between the wires on the drill side, pull taught (the wires) and turn the drill on SLOW (hence the variable speed) slowly wind the wires while pulling the eraser towards the secured section on the bench at around the same rate your drill is running. Slower is better....too fast and it can bind an even break. Actually much easier than it sounds...trust me.

Option II - This depends on the length needed but, go to The Armor Farm site... http://armorfarm.com/product-category/accessories/ They have two cables in the package. These are 10" long...thinking that might be enough? ::) These are ultra flexible. Will wind around any cable drum with ease I think. If they are too thick as I think these are around 1/8" in diameter....counter-wind the cable and carefully remove one wire or two or even 3...there is seven in each cable (real easy to do) and then wind back together....best option.

Picture of the unwound cable....

TowCables056.jpg

TowCables007.jpg

This is worth a shot.....if you like I can give this a shot today and show that it can be done...........give me a guess on the length needed and if you happen to have the spec on the cable thickness, just to be sure this is about 1 1/8" in real life~!!

;D

TRM I dont think you are a real person. You have to be some kind of scale model database thats been programmed to emulate humans and put on this forum to make us all suck less.

Latest posts

Back