Hi there!

CallSignOWL

Hoot Hoot
My previous forum got the axe, but I stumbled upon this community when looking up that new magazine y'all published. The forum looks good to me, so Ive decided to sign on up!

A little about me: Im recently a graduate of UNL (Go Huskers!), and earned a BA in history and a minor in Classics (Greek and Roman). Dont ask me what I plan to do with that, 'cause I dont really know myself!! But hey, I have the rest of my life to figure that out, dont I? Im thinking of perhaps getting into museum work. My main hobby is building scale models. Mostly aircraft with the odd helicopter or tank thrown in. I enjoy the artistic release and problem-solving aspect of the hobby--just 15 minutes of building can erase hours of stress. I just get into the groove and zone out.

I mostly do 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft, but have a smattering of tanks sitting on my display shelves.

Here's some of my most recent projects:
Monogram's 1/48 Crusader

Minicraft's 1/72 scale B-47, a gift for my father

and on the tank-side of things, a dio using Academy's Stug (sdkfz. 167) and Zvezda's R-12 motorcycle. Both in 1/35. This was also my first Diorama. And yes, the fence is a bit too bright in these pics, Ive since repainted it. :)

DSCN6218.jpg

Comments are always welcome, and if ya'll have any questions feel free to shoot me a note!

OWL

OWL,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you got the "axe", but don't worry, things happen for the better. You will find out that all members of this forum are warm, friendly and very cool, you will be calling SMA "home" pretty soon! :p

Very, very nice work on that tank, I am jealous myself! :D

Luis

luisito8m said:
OWL,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you got the "axe", but don't worry, things happen for the better. You will find out that all members of this forum are warm, friendly and very cool, you will be calling SMA "home" pretty soon! :p

Very, very nice work on that tank, I am jealous myself! :D

Luis

:)

Welcome , welcome .....
So what was this other forum that is no more ? What happened ?
Keith

urumomo said:
Welcome , welcome .....
So what was this other forum that is no more ? What happened ?
Keith

SPAR
The original Scale Plastic and Rail died in a server crash early in the year, but was recreated a bit later as Large Scale Modeller. The admins decided that it should only be scales 1/32 and up, since that is what THEY built and they had little interest in the smaller scales. Many members complained about the exclusion, so the admins set up SPAR 2.0 to keep the former members happy. Two days ago, we got the notification that this new SPAR was going to be deleted because it took up too much of the admin's time (or something...) and the admin thought that it was too "generic." Some of the moderators didnt even know about that decision by the admin.

It might have been much smaller than the original SPAR, but it was a pretty close knit community. I am sure that I am not the only former SPAR member who is more than a little miffed.

hence, my search for a new forum.

???

Ah ,, I see ..
Well , Owl , SMA is all inclusive so hope to see more of your work !
Cheers ,
Keith

Latest posts

Back