Hi from Upstate SC

ahenthus

I'm a 76 year old guy that grew up building model cars, boats, airplanes and some military models. I haven't been very active lately but have many unbuilt kits that I need to work on. Other things in life seemed to take precedence but I'm ready to get on it now. I recently saw an ad for 1:8 diecast models with a list price of $599 discounted to $89. The pictures looked very detailed and very unlikely to be priced so low. I'm not really a fan of prebuilt models but owning a few of these would seem to make sense at that price. The website is: https://modelscollections.com/. I'm thinking this may be a scam but haven't been able to get any feedback on it by searching the web. Does anyone have any information on this company?

Welcome to SMA !

I don't know anything about that company but that looks like the ubiquitous overpricing seen across the internet .
Look at watches , lol .
I'm pretty sure they have never sold a model for anywhere near those prices . Always the 90 bucks , but you saved 500

Reminds me of the Franklin Mint, the Danbury Mint, and other companies that sell die-cast collectibles. I'd rather build kits in my stash.

But welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Herd! Pick one of those stash kits, build it, and put it up here in the forum!

Best regards,
Brad

I'm a 76 year old guy that grew up building model cars, boats, airplanes and some military models. I haven't been very active lately but have many unbuilt kits that I need to work on. Other things in life seemed to take precedence but I'm ready to get on it now. I recently saw an ad for 1:8 diecast models with a list price of $599 discounted to $89. The pictures looked very detailed and very unlikely to be priced so low. I'm not really a fan of prebuilt models but owning a few of these would seem to make sense at that price. The website is: https://modelscollections.com/. I'm thinking this may be a scam but haven't been able to get any feedback on it by searching the web. Does anyone have any information on this company?
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Reminds me of the Franklin Mint, the Danbury Mint, and other companies that sell die-cast collectibles. I'd rather build kits in my stash.

But welcome back to the hobby and welcome to the Herd! Pick one of those stash kits, build it, and put it up here in the forum!

Best regards,
Brad
The reason I mentioned this was not as an alternative to building models but because the models are so detailed. Franklin and Danbury Mints offer run of the mill models mostly in 1:18. The ones I mentioned look like very upscale models with much more detail than the others. I wanted to get modelers to check it out and tell me what they thought. It looks to be a scam because the attention to detail is much more than anything you'd think was $89. Look at the website and tell me what you think.

Thanks Urumomo, I think I'll avoid that site. I was only interested by idle curiosity. When something seems too good to be true it usually is. The pictures of the models on the site were incredible though.

Thanks Urumomo, I think I'll avoid that site. I was only interested by idle curiosity. When something seems too good to be true it usually is. The pictures of the models on the site were incredible though.

Welcome! See, just got here and we saved you already! Stick with us and we'll have you wearin' rocks the size of DIAMONDS!

Rob.

Latest posts

Back