Hi from sunny Cornwall, UK.

Noddy4000

Acquainted with the idea of being sensible....
Hello all! Finally got round to looking at the site and decided it was time to sign up. What got me looking was SMA's invite over on the MA.K forum a while back for entries for the spring comp that's nearly done. I'm an ex Aero/AFV/occasional Sci Fi nut whose just easing back into the habit after a 19 year break. Going to lurk quietly for a while and see what everyone is doing as I don't have any finished builds to show yet, even though I've been back at this since last October! ::)

Welcome Noddy. I love how you put it: 'getting back into the habit.' LOL. Great to have you here. Thanks.

Good to have you on the forum man :)
im kinda in the same boat im just getting back into modeling after a 16ish year brake .the ppl here are really knowledgeable and helpful so shouldn't take you long to get back into the swing of things .

Definitely had to ROTFLMAO! Okay I will admit that in the past (in my crazy, booze fueled youth) I have actually, seriously toyed with the idea of doing a 1/1 scale suit of the SAFS persuasion...but getting carted off to the funny farm for being really daft didn't grab me as being a good career move. Going to stick with the 1/3 if that's alright with you guys ;D ;D. The thing is a nightmare already just building the joints so it'll stand up (the torso already weighs about 3 lbs and that's without the arms).

So, this is where you all lurk the rest of the time is it ;)?

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'll get started posting some pics of finished stuff soon as I can. Are WIPs alright to post here too or is it just the finished article? :-[ If it is I might be a while - tend to build big you see. :) Just wait till you see what I have in mind for the Falke design...

Hi,

There are a lot of WIP threads on this board. So just find the category for your build and start posting. Welcome aboard, like you, I just got back into this about a year ago from a 15 year break.

Thanks DXM, Grendels, Catachan :).

I spent years pining for my old work bench and all my tools, kits, glue and stuff. So happy to have a room to myself again. ;D

Hey! Cheers mario, glad to be here. ;D

Got WIPs for two builds that are both nearly done but, daft as it sounds, posting them will make me feel like I'll get fired if I don't get them done quickly :-\. Tend to take things really easy (due literally to doctor's orders) so any decent (sensible) time table usually slips big time for me, but if no-one minds that then I'll post them so you can see what you think.

Latest posts

Back