Hello Dolly .

;D ...Yeah ,keep counting T ;)

Right then ,bitmore playing with Dolly :)

I wanted the canvas roof all torn and hanging down inside the car ,to do that I used the kit roof ,cut out sections between the support rails and then made the torn peices with rolled out milliput .

DSCF4295.jpg
DSCF4297.jpg
DSCF4299.jpg
DSCF4301.jpg

While that was drying I put the seats together just to check the roof didnt catch on them when fitted later ::)

DSCF4305.jpg
DSCF4304.jpg
DSCF4303.jpg

But its all good ;D

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Oh yeah ..there will be plenty of that ;D ;)

Chris.

Wow. Chris this is looking awesome man. That rotten roof looks spot on. Great job on that.
I'm sure you'll be tearing up the seats too.

I've seen a technique where you 'clip' away the plastic cushion with a pair of finger nail clippers (in the top side corners) and then use ground foam (for terrain) glued on...looks like exposed cushion.

No matter what I'm sure this will be a very cool one to follow. Bookmarked!

Hi Scott ,how are ya bro ?

Thanks for the tip ,yeah I will be tearing up the seats a bit ,mostly the front two and more so the drivers seat ;) Thanks for the comment :)

Chris.

Making some really great progress Chris!!! That roof is stunning!! ;D All this work will definately pay off!!! ;)

Good man, I'm good. Just back from a hunting trip. That's why I've been kinda absent.

Hey T ,cheers bro ;)

Scott ,hope you enjoyed the trip. :)

Q , thanks fella ,more to come ;)

I got the Milliput out again to make up some old rotton carpets / mats ,the car is going to look like its been sitting outside for a long time so the inside need to reflect that too .

The same as the canvas roof ,the Milliput was rolled out as thin as I dared ! , cut to shape and then stippled with an old short stiff brush to give some texture ,then the edges were carefully worn, torn and curled up . Once they dry they can be lifted out to let me paint the floor .
Asides that I also fitted the inner guards and the firewall . The rear axle has also been adjusted so the back end sits down like the suspension has collapsed ;D

Anyhooo...some pics ....
DSCF4306.jpg
DSCF4307.jpg
DSCF4308.jpg
DSCF4309.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

This looks amazing, Chris :eek: someone played on the junk yard played around with moss and moth. ;D

Thanks T ...seats next ;D

Eastrock ,thanks buddy , Stick around its gonna get a whole lot worse ;D ::)

Chris.

Hi Chris,

You full of surprises, looks like its going to be fun watching this one come to life! ;D

Those mats on the floor are awesome. There's an old Mustang in the barn that kinda' looks like that.

;D

Thoughtful hole in the carpet. Right where the driver's heel would have been for years...

Thanks John ;)

Ken ....A Pony in the barn huh !!! which one ? I used to have a 73 till some nice person wrecked it ::) :mad:

Scott ,cheers buddy ....The hole ! thats acutally for the steering to go through ;)

I think this is the last job for the Milliput now ;D ....seats .

I took the mulitool and ripped them up a bit ....
DSCF4311.jpg

Then used the Milliput just the same way as doing the roof ,they are'nt finished yet ,I will tidy things up a bit when they dry ....

DSCF4314.jpg
DSCF4315.jpg
DSCF4316.jpg
DSCF4317.jpg
DSCF4318.jpg
DSCF4319.jpg

Got some plastic scratching to do now ;D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

looks awsome chris, But.. on one of the pics the milipu looks kind of out of scale in other words its too thick, the canvas would have been very thin. it could just be the pic but who carse once its painted :p

Thanks fella's

Spud ,I think its just the terrible pics mate ::) its rolled out paper thin ! then the edges were teased even more once in place ,when the base coat goes on you should see the difference ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back