Bye Bye Dolly !!

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi folks :)

Some of you may remember I started this one a while ago , indeed it was a while !! so long I couldnt be bothered trying to dig out the thread .....

So ,anyway ,quick recap for those who didnt see the original thread 'Hello Dolly' This is the Revell 1/24 Citreon 2CV ,As you can see its had a lot of work ... A lot !! .All the doors were cut open and door cards made for the interior ,along with rotten carpets ,The seats were reworked with milliput to add rips & tears . The body was worked with the dremel to make all the rusted out holes ,The canvas top got butchered and also worked with Milliput ,And the tyres were flattened .
The Paintwork is all Tamiya Acrylics and the weathering is all AK Interactive apart from a few oils & oil pastels

Anyway ,I had a real urge to get her finished ...so ..I did :) And Dolly is now in her final resting place .

DSCF2245.jpg

DSCF2244.jpg

DSCF2243.jpg

DSCF2242.jpg

DSCF2241.jpg

DSCF2240.jpg

DSCF2239.jpg

DSCF2238.jpg

DSCF2237.jpg

DSCF2236.jpg

DSCF2234.jpg

Im glad I could finally put this one to bed :)

Rest in Peace Dolly !!

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Chris...dude. That is wicked friggin wicked. Trees aint easy...all that groundwork, that interior, that rust.

Well done my man.

Thanks a lot guys :) it was a fun project ...there may be more in future ;D ;D

Chris.

Thanks guys :)

Well ,Dolly done me proud at the IMSS show in Dublin last weekend :D Taking a commended ,but on top of that she took the AK Interactive award (Best weathering ) ....well chuffed :)

DSCF2246.jpg

Chris.

That is just insane it looks real. Damn i will be happy to be as half as good as you. Pure awesome bud. Well done for the wins

Matt ,CT , Pitstop ...Thanks for the comments guys :) ...it was a fun project ,i can see a few more in the future :D

Chris.

Awesome work man and congrats. 8) Ok, so iam wondering how you flattened
the tires ? :-\

Thanks bdr65 :)

Flat tyres ....I fit the tyre to the rim , use a sharp blade and cut a slice in the bottom of the tyre ( the contact patch where it touches the ground ) ,then press the tyre down on a hot plate ,you will see the tyre soften and becuse of the slice it can open to either side as it softens .It takes a little practice ,if you go too hot the tyre will melt ,if it sticks to the hot plate ,simply slice it of with a sharp blade ,dont try to pull it off ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Thanks bdr65 :)

Flat tyres ....I fit the tyre to the rim , use a sharp blade and cut a slice in the bottom of the tyre ( the contact patch where it touches the ground ) ,then press the tyre down on a hot plate ,you will see the tyre soften and becuse of the slice it can open to either side as it softens .It takes a little practice ,if you go too hot the tyre will melt ,if it sticks to the hot plate ,simply slice it of with a sharp blade ,dont try to pull it off ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, much appreciated :)