Hello Dolly .

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Well ,this is all the fault of two very bad men ,you know who you are ...Rob ...Todd ! My mommy says I should stop talking to you both ,you're a very bad influence ;D ;D.

This one will be my first 'Rusty ' project .
Im going to be using Revells recent release of the 2CV for this project .

dolly1.jpg

Revells test shot .....nice kit :)
2cvbuild.jpg

And Im hoping to make something like this .....
2vcrusty.jpg

Or this ....

snow.jpg

This will require a lot of scratch work and modifying , for example the body comes with all the doors molded shut ,and I want them all open .So the fist step is to turn this body ....

DSCF4274.jpg
DSCF4273.jpg

Into this body ....

bod3.jpg
bod2.jpg

So you can see ,Lots to do even before the fun part starts.

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Hi Spud ,yeah should be a fun one ;D Finishing the Marder and the Morser this week ,so I need something else on the go ::) Been thinking about this one for a while now .

Chris.

Oh ,dont worry .A lot of that is going through paint ;) will have an update on that tomorrow ;D

Chris.

You have some nice reference photos there to start with. That is a big help.

Yeah Noname, there is plenty of ref pics to be found for these ,loads of pics of abandon/rusty ones too ;D Spent some time today cutting up a perfectly good kit ::)

Chris.

Thanks Ronrod ;)

Spent some time today getting the tedious part out of the way ,namely removing most of the panels . I think I might remove one of the rear guards and leave of a door like they've been stole for another car ? But we'll see .

Anyhoo ,im left with this lot to start playing with ,some of the edges still need cleaning up ,but I'll do them as I get to them .

DSCF4277.jpg
DSCF4276.jpg
DSCF4275.jpg

Another good kit butchered ;D

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Took me a while, but I smell some cutting going on!!! Looking sweet Chris!!! Cut that bad boy up!!! What a great subject!! Count me in for the long haul buddy!! ;)

Thanks Noname ,it did take a while tho' ,couple of hours with a blade ...its the cleanest way of doing it ! ,but its done now ...so fun time ;D

Hiya T ,always good to have you along ;) ...to keep pushing ;D

Chris.

This car is so simple. I'd love to get my hands on some of these old European Cars. All I have mostly is American cars as the first few years of getting back into model building I did strictly vintage Drag cars. A Trabant would make a great rust bucket. What year is this suppose to be? I understand they built these cars for over 40 years but didn't change the looks much.

You know, I could see this car also with graffiti sprayed over it and a machine gun stuck on it. Not sure why. Maybe I'll get one sometime and go that route. :)

Noname ,I like the Trabant idea ;D maybe if this one goes right ;) I like the graffiti idea too ,but not sure about the machine gun ??? ...lol

Spud ...yeah ...chop cut and rebuild ( a bit ) ;D

Moved on a bit more ,put most of the engine together and got a lot done on the chassis /suspension .

DSCF4285.jpg
DSCF4286.jpg
DSCF4287.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Look at you go!! :eek: Plane in one hand and car in the other...and a fig in the other....... :-X

Looking real nice Chris!! Can feel the rust just itching to pop!!! ;D

Not much for detail on the chassis. Not really needed anyway if this is going to be sitting in the grass or something. It will never be seen. ;)

When I mentioned Graffiti and machine gun I was thinking of a revolutionary soldier's ride kinda thingy. Like the way they use quarter ton trucks and such in places like Libya etc. Still driveable though.

T ...you forgot the SPG and the big gun too ;D ....its all good ;)

Noname ,yeah its about right tho' there really isnt much underneath these .I did know what you mean tho' ...like the way they use the Hi-Lux , but just the graffiti gave me an idea ;)

Chris.

How many hands do you have!!! ??? Darn Irish...they have all the luck!!! ;)

((lol)) you cant talk Mr Kitty ,Italian job ,Big Figure , Submarine !!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back