Hase 1/48 F-18C Hornet VMFA-122

docf225

Scale Model Pyrate
I appear to be the first one in with a non prop driven aircraft. This is the Hasegawa F-18C in 1/48 Scale. Here, I have the Aires cockpit cleaned primed and base coated and the wings ready for filler as needed. I mocked up the airframe just to get some idea of the base I need for it.

IMG_9180.jpg

A closer shot of the "Office"

IMG_9181.jpg

Thanks for Looking,

Doc

whats up doc!

sorry could not resist, love the user name, looks like its coming along really nice bud, keep up the good work!

Looking forward to seeing this one built. Im a bit of a Hornet buff. Planning on building a VMFA-122 Crusaders "Charlie" some day too but I want to get the late model upgrades for it made by MAW-decals plus either an Avionix (Black Box) cockpit set. I have thedecals already and the kit.

Oh and dont worry yours wont be the only non prop driven entry, Im thinking as soon as Im done with my War Wheels GB entry, Ill be joining in with a HAsegawa 1/48 F-14A and Fightertown Decals Gulf War VF-41 Markings.

Off to a great start. I'm doing a hasy jet too, an f-4, so you won't be a one for long on that front!

Hodges said:
Off to a great start. I'm doing a hasy jet too, an f-4, so you won't be a one for long on that front!

My Seahawk's a jet also.

dunno if you have built any of the Hasy Hornets yet so Ill point out a few areas to watch... The intake to fuselage join can be a pain to line up right, no way to get a clean join with having to do a little sanding. And the aft sides where the upper and lower fuselage sections meet and join up with the fuselage sides, that can be tricky to line up. Fotunately, all the seams fall on natural panel lines. There is a raised area there where the slime light decals go, its actually raised a bit too much so dont be afraid to sand that down some if you need to.

I'll be watching this closely as I am doing nearly the same bird in 1/32 scale.
The resin looks great and should really turn out nice!

Latest posts

Back