Hasbro 29" Millennium Falcon Conversion

depression-dog-meme-generator-there-is-just-no-time-d01583.jpg

Lol thanks guys, the glue is 2 part epoxy glue and it works great:
https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/brands/araldite/

I tried teh 2-part epoxy and it seems that when it's dry it peels off with no problem. I was wondering if you used anything harsher that gave it a bit more bite other then sanding the surface a bit.

Great work Mr. Simmons.

nicholassagan said:
Feeling that a bit myself. First time I actually try to pull this 3 month deadline off - who was the idiot that dreamt that up!!

Thanks guys. And LS the glue I'm using is holding strong, The styrene I glued on is staying on also....although it has creaked and cracked while I've been handling it. Ok Small update, I've removed all the side walls and dry fitted the new side walls for depth. Just the mandibles to do now.....
916CD8D9-D3BA-4AF6-9F26-FC34A56F10A4_zps2bxeslpz.jpg
What I like about doing this is the fact that the panels that over hang the new side walls have become slightly damaged, they are thinned and are generally slightly battered. And you look at the 5ft Falcon that is quite evident. Basically I'm saying this gives it character and it's not all fresh out of the box, everyone's version will be slightly different, which is a very good thing.

Knocking this one out of the park John!! This thing is crazy detailed without the paint....can't wait to see you have your way with it soon!! :)

Thank you guys, as I said the mandibles are next, and that I think will be the most challenging yet. I've broken about 7 number 11 blades so far lol

Watch out for those flying blades. I 'normal' utility knife might work good on this hunk of junk.

Latest posts

Back