Hasagawa 1/32 Scale P-51D Mustang kit.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXP289&P=W

hay guys, i have been looking for a 1/32 scale P-51D Mustang kit to keep for reference in the future, i have been looking at the Dragon Kit a little, but i hear a lot of good stuff about other kits too...

i want a kit that shows the engine.. i know Dragon does.. but does the Hasagawa kit? does it still have plenty of good detail, does it have good after market parts available?

Hey Ace, before you go writing off a Dragon just cause a couple of folk don't care for the kit, here's one OOB that liked it. Use your own judgement.

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=90987&ord=&page=1

And here's Hasagawa's. An older kit, but a fun build.

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=196578

Don't forget Hobbycraft.

You just looking big 1/32 or excellent kit?

Hasagawa and Tamiya 1/48 and 1/72 are excellent. Surprisiing good and reasonable $ are ICM 1/48.

Gundamhead said:
Hey Ace, before you go writing off a Dragon just cause a couple of folk don't care for the kit, here's one OOB that liked it. Use your own judgement.

lol, yea let me re phrase what i said.

i like the Hasagawa kit! but i like the Engine for dragon a little teeny bit better, a little more detail, i guess you could say each kit has there ups and downs, but thats besides the point, if i get the kit and everything for it i want, i want to do a little custom work too it, add a little more detail.

Oh! This is gonna be a tough decision mate! Both look really nice, and
the price looks great for both of them. I would have to agree with you
on the Dragon engine, it definitely has more "oomph".

the Tamiya one however, is amazing! but at a lowest price i have found of $126 USD, i am only dreaming of having that kit! it is almost 100 bucks more than the Hasagawa, and more than them combined! i could probably buy both kits! and aftermarket parts, for the same price as the Hasagawa kit!

That Hassy kit has no engine....only 89 parts in the whole aircraft, and for that price I wouldn't expect an engine.

The Hobbycraft kit is just the Hassy kit re-boxed.

By the time you spend the money on all the upgrades...may as well just get the Tamiya kit that is all in one.

Beauty about the Tamiya kit is you don't have to decide one way or the other......wheels up, or down, engine panels on or off. The kit parts are magnetic. If you want to show off the engine today, you can, if you want to slap on the engine panels and put the wheels up and put it on the supplied stand tomorrow...you can. Not to mention that the kit is built with Tamiya's usual quality, the kit should practically fall together for you.

Like the old saying goes...throw a tube of glue in the box...shake and out pops the model....or if you are so inclined.....use the force.

Elm City Hobbies said:
That Hassy kit has not engine....only 89 parts in the whole aircraft, and for that price I wouldn't expect an engine.

By the time you spend the money on all the upgrades...may as well just get the Tamiya kit that is all in one.

Beauty about the Tamiya kit is you don't have to decide one way or the other......wheels up, or down, engine panels on or off. The kit parts are magnetic. If you want to show off the engine today, you can, if you want to slap on the engine panels and put the wheels up and put it on the supplied stand tomorrow...you can. Not to mention that the kit is built with Tamiya's usual quality, the kit should practically fall together for you.

Like the old saying goes...throw a tube of glue in the box...shake and out pops the model....or if you are so inclined.....use the force.

i want the Tamiya then!

13aceofspades13 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
That Hassy kit has not engine....only 89 parts in the whole aircraft, and for that price I wouldn't expect an engine.

i want the Tamiya then!

He Ace, I found this guy who has one in stock and is reputable.

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_160&products_id=2245

You won't be sorry for that purchase. Ihave Tamiya's 1/32 A6M5. We'll duel. 8)

A Tamiya 1:32 Mustang; would it be the ultimate Ace of Spades build yet? I think so... ;D

With a Tamiya kit..... of that price ! and quality.... I would do a straight OOB Build... no free style here....

on the other hand.... if you get one of those 30$? sure ! have at her !

and like ECM said.... Tamiya is Top notch and no need of any AM sets to make it shine.... add Glue and follow the instructions and Voila ! a perfect Kit !

@JMact
exactly, i am looking for a competition worthy scale model of the Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang, the one i have the 1/48th scale Revell, is nice... but it does not have the detail to compeet with the stuff you guys have, it's not a quality kit, and when i built it i didn't have the best tools. i am sure i could do better, but im sort of stuck, i will get out of this rut eventually!

@schweinhund227
out of the box? i want it to be way out of the box, i want it to be one of the most Detailed scale model P-51s ever built! it would be a extremely quality build, out of this world, thing is i don't know if it will ever happen, beacuse i have only a few dollars to my name and not enough time. the build would take quite some time, i would be spending as much time on each part, such as the engine, as it took to build the entire Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang! i have special plans for the cockpit and engine, i have a book with detailed Diagram photos of the Rolls Royce Packard Merlin V-1650-7 itself, and intend to use it, as well as photos of the cockpit. but the money going into the detail peaces would be as much as the original Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang, including the kit, new supplies, after market parts if any, and the necessary tools i do not have to do a quality job. would easily double of the cost of the kit... i just don't have that money. my plan is to just save the kit if i ever do get it, till i am more easily able to afford the necessary tools to do the job, if i ever get that far, if i dont, o well, thats the way it goes. ;D

Quaralane said:
Sounds like a dream build, Ace.
Sounds like why we dream

a dream, i want it to come true almost as much as getting to grace my finger tips across a actual P-51D mustang itself, a dream as much as getting to fly in a airplane, finally for the first time. ::) funny how a guy like me who dreams and loves things that fly, has only flown ONCE! in his entire life, and that was beacuse i got lost in the woods when i was 3 years old and a helicopter found me. :p

Gundamhead said:

Hey thats my build thread ;D

Here it what it looks like all finished
p1020130.jpg

Latest posts

Back