Goodbye 1/72

Splashcoat

I've decided to purge my old 1/72 aircraft collection... posted here for posterity:
dscn2428t.jpg

dscn2427b.jpg

dscn2433s.jpg

dscn2432b.jpg

dscn2430t.jpg

dscn2437x.jpg

dscn2434x.jpg

dscn2435.jpg

dscn2441jk.jpg

dscn2442be.jpg

JMac said:
Quick question Splashcoat. Why the cull?

I couple of reasons, really. Mostly, it's because the rest of my aircraft collection is 1/48 scale and the mixed scales don't really display together very well. The level of detail in 1/48 makes the 1/72 stuff look a bit simplified.

Also, these models were built quite some time ago and my skills have improved ( hopefully :) ) since then and these older builds don't quite measure up. Like most of us, I only have a limited amount of display space and I'd like to just keep the best stuff.

I say keep them, mix up the displays. It might give some good contrasts or what not. The kits you've showed here are AWESOME! Don't chuck'em. But if they must go, see if you can donate them to you're local Hobby shop for display or something. Cheers!

Ferris828 said:
I say keep them, mix up the displays. It might give some good contrasts or what not. The kits you've showed here are AWESOME! Don't chuck'em. But if they must go, see if you can donate them to you're local Hobby shop for display or something. Cheers!

Oh , for certain! My local shop would be happy to fill in a couple of gaps with these. I have to admit that my 8-year-old self would have enjoyed blowing these up with firecrackers or maybe a BB gun. ;D

Surely you can find some room to store these awesome aircraft - the memories that are built into them are invaluable. I enjoy looking over models that I built when I was 10 and reminiscing about the good old days when I wasn't so patient :p Provides a real benchmark to track improvements in performance.

Dont do it MAN! Dont destroy them! better to donate them to someone who will cherish them like you did!

Oh, they're probably going to be safe. I'm just having a harder time packing them up and taking them away than I thought I would.

That's some very nice work!

I bring my 1/72 stuff to work and have them up on a shelf in my "cubicle". I swap out older stuff as I finish newer stuff, or just change what I have on display.

my 1/48 and larger stuff I'll display at home

Latest posts

Back