Goliath vignette *FINISHED*

Re: Goliath vignette

Hi Rookie and everyone else,

Thank you again for all of your views and comments. Yes, this project is rounding the finish line. I was really hoping to have it entered into the SMA model contest but that is not going to happen. I wish it closed at the end of the month and not this Friday :-\. But you all know how it is.....it always takes longer than you think it will and there are always issues that need to be dealt with.....and of course paint needs to dry.

Anyway.....enough of my whining about not being done for the contest and here is where I am right now.

OneStandingfigure_zpsaf186b0d.jpg

Thank you again every one and I will post my progress at the end of next weekend.

PG

Hi everybody,

I want to thank everyone once again for dropping in to see how this build has been coming along and thank you for all of your encouraging comments. I can now say that I am almost done! I have been working on this for almost two years, and have learned so many techniques from the multiple layers it take to make realistic rust, how to paint figures, converting existing pieces to get what is necessary, and sculpting all to make my vision become a reality.

Here is what I got done this weekend......

IMG_1514_zpsc3c302a4.jpg

I will post the completed pictures soon!

PG

Wow :eek:
That is an incredible scale vision you have there
I really like it!!
I didn't know what was happening,
until this PIC!
Love how you tied it all together
Well Done
Cheers ;D

Hi Everybody,

I finished my vignette today! I added a bit of conservatively placed mud, graphite for track wear, and finally moved form the piece of 4 X 4 and put it on a real base.

Thank you again for stopping by and all of the encouraging comments!

I am planning on entering a local show in two weeks!

Doodle3_zps7ca60a47.jpg

Doodle2_zps09004da3.jpg

PG.

Wonderful work on this dio.

Love the story being told, very original and beautifully executed

Top marks!

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everyone for stopping by and check out my build, offer support and answer questions. Yesterday I entered The Doodle Ride in the NIMCON 3 a regional show hosted by the Lakes Region Scale Modelers in Illinois. I received a gold metal and the best diorama award.

Thank you again for all the support.

PG

Latest posts

Back