Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah Resin Statue

It does look like a fruit, buds but still your still making great progress!!!

:p I am a little pooped ! all those tinny resin bubbles are wearing me down !!! Fewww !
Either the resin is spun too fast in the mould during the roto-casting…. or there isn't enough Mould release /surface tension diffuser to force the resin in all the little crannies…

It is by far… the hardest kit I worked on !!! Fixing it, that is… You get what you pay for !!!
I'm glad you guys are liking it !!! it should be pretty stunning once completed !!! I just hope I can bring it to completion or (Near Completion) before October ???

I might be able to fix another Seam or two and Film those results as well !!! this time I might try to film the Process... so others can follow up... if there is an Interest ???

Hard to keep it under 10min...

I have Dug down a Locator Plug Socket in the Right shoulder and Casted out of AVES the Plug...
althou not a petty job !!! the LIP will be covered with Fresh scales to match the wing skin...

I used the same Vaseline/AVES technique I shown in my YouTube video !

DSC00223.jpg

The Rear Pin needs to be extended but that's not too hard to do... a few mins. with a tinny Bur and a piece of Tubing a tad bigger and some C.A. glue and that will take care of that....

Just as it stands.... the joint is a lot stiffer !!! which is what I was after !!!

DSC00224.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see the micro-bubbles I have to content with!!! what a job !!! the never ending scraping !

Catch you guys later !

coming along great buds, yes some of the bubbles are quite visible but you can finish this one!!!

Those micro bubbles look nasty.
WOuld be almost tempting to call them 'skin texture'

Quaralane said:
Those micro bubbles look nasty.
WOuld be almost tempting to call them 'skin texture'

Sure, like Edwin James Olmos or F Murray Abraham ;)

Just a small Update ! well its more of a Down Date !!! :-X

I tried fixing the large gap on the King G tail and well... didn't turn out good at all.. so
Back to square one ! I will remove the Bad skin graft and start over....

Not in the modeling mood anyhow ! so maybe that explains the Foul up ? No Mojo No Fun ! No Vote ?

::)

hey buds!!! time to smell some plastic cement and get ur hands dirtty!!! even the bird has no update :eek:

Take your time!

I was wondering the same thing over the weekend. Oh, well, we all hit snags with builds, or otherwise have to let them sit for a while. Looking forward to seeing your next installment!

Latest posts

Back