Shantae resin figure

stevethefish

My name's actually not Steve
I finished Shantae.
shantae.jpg
I bought her on E2046 before I learned that Volks USA has these for sale. I knew the kit was a reproduction, but had no idea what the original was and I could not find it anywhere here in Japan. The official kit comes in pre-colored resin, so one could put it together without painting if you want to. However, I wanted to give her a darker complexion to match how she appears in the video games. I think her skintone I gave her is sexier than the example pic it came with (which you can see in the background of this photo). I used Sandy Brown, Brown, and Fluorescent Orange in Mr. Color paints to get her fleshtone. It turned out a bit too dark though, so I used white to the mix and re-sprayed her. I attempted to do preshading, but she's just a bit too small.

I did pull of some good shading with her genie costume and her hair. Her pants and top was a combination of a Zeon pink color from Gundam plus a darker red (I forget which). Her hair was primed black and I sprayed it purple in different intensities, then added some white to the purple to spray the top.

I'll add more photos later after I set up my new photo light box.

Latest posts

Back