Getting back in the habit

Timbaux

Hello, everyone

I'm new here to SMA, got back to into car kits a few years ago and did the Revell Goodguys 41 willys. After 15 years I felt like I caught the bug again so I started the Tamiya 69 Nissan Skyline GT-R and never finished. Lately I have been working on finishing it...

DSCN5114_zps244e90ac.jpg
DSCN5116_zps52cab80f.jpg
and this one was done about a year and a half ago
DSCN5109_zpse59bd52e.jpg
DSCN5113_zps7961b565.jpg
DSCN5111_zpsbdcefb8b.jpg

happy to have found this place! Amazing amount of skill, knowledge and great builds.

Steve

Thanks! Still got more part to add and decals, but waiting cause I want to try to wet sand the body... never tried it before and still reading up on here on how to's.

Steve

Scott Girvan said:
Welcome. Great looking work.

Thanks! I've subscribed to the SMA youtube channel, never realized that such a community existed, its really encouraging working on projects and being able learn and share. Awesome forum, great people and amazing builds!
Not much places here in northern NB to get kits and supplies, this place has broadened my options.

Steve

Campbellton area... used to be some kits at the zellers in Campbellton before it closed but now the closest place would be down your way I think.

Great to see another NB'er on here.

Only shop in the province is myself in Freddy, next one south is Halifax, next one north is Quebec City (other than Michaels which = overpriced).

My inlaws actually live in Eel River Crossing, so not that far from you. If you need anything I am open here at the shop Tue-Sat, and also do mail order, as well when my wife heads up to visit her parents, can always arrange a "special delivery" which I do most times she is up for another modeler in Bathurst.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Great to see another NB'er on here.

Only shop in the province is myself in Freddy, next one south is Halifax, next one north is Quebec City (other than Michaels which = overpriced).

My inlaws actually live in Eel River Crossing, so not that far from you. If you need anything I am open here at the shop Tue-Sat, and also do mail order, as well when my wife heads up to visit her parents, can always arrange a "special delivery" which I do most times she is up for another modeler in Bathurst.

Awesome! Thanks, I'll definitely will be in touch. Would definitely like to try something different than cars in the future, as well as stock up on paint and supplies.

Hi everyone,

been a pretty busy summer with work, getting our winters wood and house renovations, but now that winter is here it is time to get back to it. I have been working on finishing my 2 2014 BSC entries :-[

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTQxMTAyLTAwNTAwLmpwZw_zpsa3324925.jpg

And also decided to start this one...

DSCN6612_zps25bfedb4.jpg

spending a lot of time cleaning up parts for this old kit. Will be finishing up some things on the other two before getting to the paint on this one.

Cheers

Steve

Latest posts

Back